Ping - betsey hair brush

Old December 3rd 11, 08:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Default Ping - betsey hair brush

Did a lookup for hair brushes and found several kinds. If the little
one has thick hair like mine and it sounds like she does, I would
suggest a wooden handle half round boar bristle brush. The price
varies from around 10 to 25 dollars. They come in the 3 or 3 1/2
inch bristle. The flat or paddle brushes just don't get down far
enough in the hair to do a good job. The brush I am suggesting is the
kind I used all my life because they were the only ones that worked
AND did not break every other day.

Hope this helps.

And to keep this on subject.... I've stopped quilting for a while
because I am knitting a pair of scarlet red socks. My first pair of
socks were practice. One is white and one is gray, but they fit well
and keep my feet warm.

Kate T. South Mississippi
Old December 3rd 11, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Ah! I remember that well - my first sock was grey!
However, it remained my one and only g. Though I went on to knit some
very complex 'stuff', I never tried another sock!
So, congratulations Kate.
..
In message
,
Kate T. writes
snipped

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 3rd 11, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Dec 3, 2:35*am, "Kate T." wrote:
Did a lookup for hair brushes and found several kinds. *If the little
one has thick hair like mine and it sounds like she does, I would
suggest a wooden handle half round boar bristle brush. *The price
varies from around 10 to 25 dollars. *They come in the 3 or *3 1/2
inch bristle. *The flat or paddle brushes just don't get down far
enough in the hair to do a good job. *The brush I am suggesting is the
kind I used all my life because they were the only ones that worked
AND did not break every other day.

Hope this helps.

And to keep this on subject.... I've stopped *quilting for a while
because I am knitting a pair of scarlet red socks. *My first pair of
socks were practice. *One is white and one is gray, but they fit well
and keep my feet warm.

Kate T. *South Mississippi

thanks so much Kate! I will do a search and get one ordered for her
stocking. the "little one" is 17 and 5'7" g.

how cool that you are knitting socks! i'm a beginner knitter...have
not yet tried to tackle socks, but i make *GREAT* alligator
scarves....

betsey
Old December 3rd 11, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You're wasting your time, Betsey. It never gets cold enough here for them
to need a scarf and unless you could knit one for each of them, it would
cause an awful jealous fight.
Polly, The Swamp, population: 8,500 alligators (more or less)

"betsey" thanks so much Kate! I will do a search and get one ordered for

Old December 3rd 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Well she's still a little one, in age that is. At 17 she needs a
sturdy brush to handle all the styling they go through at that age. I
hope she gets many years use out of it.

Kate T. South Mississippi
Old December 3rd 11, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Oh and about knitting, I've been knitting for over 45 years and am a
beginner in knitting socks. I've wanted wool socks for many years now
and you just can't find them in this area. So what to do, what to
do. H-u-m-m-m-m Make a pair of course. My cousin who lives in Ohio
is an avid sock knitter. She walked me through it. Taught me the
Magic Loop method. One cable needle 40 inches in length and am doing
them in the round. No double pointed needles for me.

Lace knitting, interesting, H-u-m-m-m-m. I say that a lot. :)

Sad to say my French Braid quilt is just sitting at the sewing table
waiting to be completed. My feet kept getting cold so I had to stop
and fix that problem before I go back to quilting. Standing at my
machine quilting frame, my toes kept telling me they were cold.
Imagine this a little old red haired lady standing at a quilting
machine in scarlet red socks on Christmas morning. Santa ain't gonna
out do me.

Kate T. South Mississippi
Old December 4th 11, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Dec 3, 3:07*pm, "Kate T." wrote:
[...]

NOPE, He's not! I do need to learn the magic loop....of course, i'm
just knitting in the round at this point (and happy i have conquered
that...sort of!)

betsey

Big hair net hair nets Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 1 March 9th 07 10:04 PM
brush pens Mystified One Quilting 3 June 10th 05 03:58 PM
hi my name is betsey, and i am a slickaholic... Two x over Quilting 19 January 23rd 04 05:08 PM
Big hair net hair nets =snood [terminology European.] Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 2 January 14th 04 08:07 AM
Big hair net hair nets =snood [terminology European.] Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 0 January 14th 04 01:18 AM