2 questions

Old June 5th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default 2 questions

You might want to try a "bead roller", they are plastic doohickeys you
use to roll a bead shape, they come with holes that you use to guide a
pin through, since it is still in the shaped bead trough it doesn't
distort. They make a few different shape beads.

I am using canes but only abstract patterns like stripes so far, I use
them in combination with other techniques.

Ingrid

CindyB wrote:
Do most of you who make beads use canes? I've just spent a very
enjoyable morning drooling over the clay creations on justbeads and it
looks like a lot of them were made from canes. I've never made a cane
before.

My other question is about holes. How do you get a hole that goes
right through the middle, starts where you want it and ends up exactly
where it belongs and doesn't change the bead shape? Sometimes I get
lucky and other times it's a big oops!

TIA

CindyB

Old June 5th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

cindy,

Check these guild listings -

http://www.npcg.org/guilds/localguildlist.htm

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

CindyB wrote:

On 5 Jun 2006 06:26:35 -0700, "mermaidscove_com"
wrote:

You might want to try a "bead roller", they are plastic doohickeys you
use to roll a bead shape, they come with holes that you use to guide a
pin through, since it is still in the shaped bead trough it doesn't
distort. They make a few different shape beads.

I am using canes but only abstract patterns like stripes so far, I use
them in combination with other techniques.

Ingrid

Thanks, Ingrid! I have SO much to learn. I would dearly love to take a
class or 50, but haven't found any near me. Anyone know of anyone who
gives lessons in central Virginia?

Old June 5th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

There are also teacherm guild and 'clay mate' listings at
Polymerclaycentral:

http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/gu...egional.html#v

http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/teacherintro.html

http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/gu...lassified.html

CindyB wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:33:20 -0400, Barbara Forbes-Lyons
wrote:

cindy,

Check these guild listings -

http://www.npcg.org/guilds/localguildlist.htm

Thanks, Barbara. I've already checked those out and, unfortunately,
there are none very close to me at all.

Old June 6th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Awesome info! I've already gotten in touch with three polymer clay artists
in my area! I haven't had a soul to play with for the last few years...how
much fun am I going to have! Woohoo! LOL

Thanks, Barbara!

Lori (FlameNwind)

ups.com...

Old June 6th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I'm on a Yahoo lists Polymer_Clay_People and it's quite active.You'll
also find me on the PCC forum on Delphi (polymerclaycentral).

B.

CindyB wrote:
Yes, Barbara - Thanks!

I also found a ton of Yahoo groups on beading, jewelry, and polymer
clay. Many don't seem to be very active but I'm hopeful that at least
a couple will be interesting and useful.

I do love learning new things!

CindyB

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 04:23:39 GMT, "FlameNwind"
wrote:

Awesome info! I've already gotten in touch with three polymer clay artists
in my area! I haven't had a soul to play with for the last few years...how
much fun am I going to have! Woohoo! LOL

Thanks, Barbara!

Lori (FlameNwind)

oups.com...

Old June 7th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Sorry - thought I'd sent you that one, too.

Another good one is pcpolyzine.com

B.

CindyB wrote:
On 6 Jun 2006 13:40:14 -0700, "PenguinTrax"
wrote:

I'm on a Yahoo lists Polymer_Clay_People and it's quite active.You'll
also find me on the PCC forum on Delphi (polymerclaycentral).

B.

I just found a very informative web site - www.glassattic.com. It will
take me years to read through it all, LOL.