Speaking of socks....

Old September 22nd 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Default Speaking of socks....

I was impressed with this concept.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html

BB
Old September 22nd 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

That is cool, BB. Thanks for sharing,

Hesira

Old September 22nd 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:09:13 GMT, BB spewed
forth :

I was impressed with this concept.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html

BB

This makes the rounds every couple of years. Last time it surfaced it
was the "Dr. Zhivagho" socks" thing. Russian literature always puts
me to sleep - in the original or the translation :P

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old September 22nd 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

I can see how it would make folks drop their knitting in awe. As someone who
is (quite happily) well into a pair of 2 circulars socks, with only one
minor screw up so far, I'm not sure it's for me, as switching between yarns
every other stitch is not my idea of relaxing....

Or did I misunderstand something about the technique?

Georgia

Old September 22nd 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

BB wrote:
I was impressed with this concept.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html

BB

Yup, that impressed me, too, especially as I find myself with second
sock/mitten sydrome often! Of course, I'd have to be *really*
motivated to knit socks rather than crochet them!

Thanks for the link.

Michelle

Old September 23rd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

BB wrote:
I was impressed with this concept.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html

I knit to keep myself sane. I think that would have the opposite
effect! g

Higs,
Katherine

. . . speaking OF socks... Katherine Yarn 0 October 21st 05 10:26 AM
. . . speaking OF socks... Carol in TN Yarn 0 October 21st 05 02:42 AM
FO: The Socks from Hell Nyssa Yarn 6 October 16th 05 12:57 AM
Speaking of SOCKS! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 October 5th 05 11:02 PM
Speaking of socks ??????has anyone tried ,,, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 5 January 10th 04 04:24 PM