Super Stitch in on Superbowl Sunday

Old January 13th 04, 04:04 AM
CANDY CORRIGAN

Default Super Stitch in on Superbowl Sunday

Hi Everyone!

The LNS I work in is planning a special SuperBowl Sunday Stitch in. We are
calling it Super Stitch-In Sunday and declared ourselves a football free
zone.

It will take place from 1 to 5 PM. We know the game doesn't actually start
until 6 or later, but let's face it it has become an all day event. We feel
this will provide the uninterested with a break and still let them get home
in time to empty the ashtrays, remove the empty drink containers and
replenish the snack food before the main event. If they make the chili in
advance, they might actually be able to serve dinner.

We will of course have a sale, we are a busines, but there will be food and
we are trying to think of a few cute special events. Our resident teacher is
an excellent singer and a born ham who will get up and perform as long as we
provide an audience of at least one. So I thought it would be nice if he
opened the event by singing the (Stitcher's) National Athem. Only my
creativity ran out at that point and I couldn't think of a single song that
would fit the bill and I am not good at writing lyrics. I did know where to
turn though and figured some of the truly creative geniuses in this group
would be able to help. Karen, Fred. Tia Mary anyone?

Would also like to hear any suggestions for other events.

Candy

Old January 13th 04, 06:27 AM
Karen C - California

In article , "CANDY CORRIGAN"
writes:

I am not good at writing lyrics. I did know where to
turn though and figured some of the truly creative geniuses in this group
would be able to help. Karen, Fred. Tia Mary anyone?

I'm flattered.

Sew, sew, sew your boat.........

Let me sleep on it and see what bubbles to the surface of my subconscious.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old January 13th 04, 07:22 AM
explorer

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
In article , "CANDY CORRIGAN"
writes:

I am not good at writing lyrics. I did know where to
turn though and figured some of the truly creative geniuses in this group
would be able to help. Karen, Fred. Tia Mary anyone?

I'm flattered.

Sew, sew, sew your boat.........

Let me sleep on it and see what bubbles to the surface of my subconscious.

Here's my version of s Stitcher's Anthem (to be sung to the tune of The
Star-Spangled Banner).

And at the risk of sounding completely immodest -- I think it's pretty darn
good.

~~

Oh say, can you see?
By the old Dazer light
What's the thread count we have?
32, ain't that right?

DMC or Anchor?
Overdyed? Perle cotton?
Some variegated? No.
Hand-dyed silks will be fine.

The metallics' a-gleam!
Broke again! "Damn!" I scream
Knotted! Not again!
Thread Heaven, help me!

Oh say, does that old sampler
Need a new frame?
Oh, not now, don't bother me -------
Just pass the chocolates, please --------

Old January 14th 04, 04:55 AM
Deb Milner

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:04:10 -0500, "CANDY CORRIGAN"
wrote:

Hi Everyone!

The LNS I work in is planning a special SuperBowl Sunday Stitch in. We are
calling it Super Stitch-In Sunday and declared ourselves a football free
zone.

Uhhh, where is the LNS?

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Greatest Hymns II)
Old January 14th 04, 04:59 AM
Deb Milner

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:22:53 -0600, "explorer" wrote:

Oh say, does that old sampler
Need a new frame?
Oh, not now, don't bother me -------
Just pass the chocolates, please --------

Absolutely inspired....

Old January 15th 04, 03:45 AM
Deb Milner

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:27:02 -0500, "CANDY CORRIGAN"
wrote:

The Edwardian Needle, Bloomfield, NJ

Darn. Makes it a long drive from Florida.