Quilted cellphone cases

Old July 5th 14, 10:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

Default Quilted cellphone cases

I have made 2 full size quilts in my life, and it is never happening
again.

I am not making any quilts right now, but at the indefinite future when I
do it will either be a baby quilt for someone in perhaps my sword class
or whatever that is expecting or charity quilts for an organization like
ABC or Linus quilts, but making another full-size one is not going to
happen.

Well, anyway, my point is that I found this pattern on you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqDa__c9Zg and thought that they would
make make neat Christmas gifts.

I do not have to start on them right now or even tomorrow, but I have to
start on them before December 23rd like I normally do.

Also, before I make the presents, I am going to make one for both my cell
phone and one for my kindle.

The one for my phone is to see if my method for scaling down works, and
the one for my kindle is to see if it my method for scaling up works.

I made a prototype that is not for either my phone or kindle, but was for
practice.

This "practice" one that I made I made out of denim, and denim is a bit
too heavy for this purpose, because when I tried to turn it out, I had to
really force it to get it turned right-side out and that tore several of
the seams, so I know that in the "real" ones I should not use quite such
a heavy material.

I also think that this can be very customizable.

For example, I am going to make the one for my sister pink with a black
zipper. For my brother I am going to make one that is fairly
conservative, black with a white lining, unless he makes a special
request such as the colors of the Denver Broncos.

By the way, these gifts are not going to be a surprise, because before I
make them I have to find out the size of the phone, and I am not going to
find it by sneaky subterfuge, but am going to directly ask about it.

Incidentally, if any one is interested, I made a spreadsheet to do the
math of scaling it up or down, and transcribed the instructions so I can
make the case without having to pause the video at every step.

If any one is interested in these transcripts that I made, do not send a
message to the hotmail account ) as that is
a "spam account" that I set up years ago and can't even access anymore.

I mention this so that if anyone does respond to the hotmail account,
they will not be confused about what is going on when I do not respond to
it.

The account you need to send the message to is "v_1brchrATprodigy.net,"
making the appropriate changes. You can also post your email address to
the group, if you don't mind posting your email or if you mung it and
give clear instructions how to unmung it.

I can send the in either open document format (libreoffice, openoffice)
or I can convert it to whatever version of Word or Excel was out at the
time, though I cannot gurarantee it will work (though I think it will,
because it is a very simple spreadsheet).

Brian Christiansen
Old July 8th 14, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

What a great idea!

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 09:37:45 +0000 (UTC), Brian
wrote:

[...]

Knittted mobile phone (cellphone) covers Bruce Needlework 11 May 29th 12 06:03 PM
Beaded Needle Cases Beadbimbo Beads 7 January 23rd 08 04:17 AM
ipod cases KJ Quilting 1 September 5th 07 03:31 PM
another cellphone bag nzlstar*[_2_] Quilting 8 September 2nd 07 01:46 AM
Mirjam's cellphone case Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 July 19th 03 07:25 AM