wichelt discontinued fabric

Old January 4th 13, 05:33 PM
kmcenheimer kmcenheimer is offline
Junior Member

Smile wichelt discontinued fabric

I am trying to locate Home Sweet Home fabric that has been discontinued. I made an afghan many years ago from Country Stich called Town Square Afghan andwould like to make another one but can not find the fabric. Is there an alternative to that fabric?

Karen
Old January 5th 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa

Default wichelt discontinued fabric

kmcenheimer wrote:

I am trying to locate Home Sweet Home fabric that has been
discontinued. I made an afghan many years ago from Country
Stich called Town Square Afghan andwould like to make
another one but can not find the fabric. Is there an
alternative to that fabric?

Karen

I remember the pattern and the fabric. Unfortunately I've only
got a pillow square of the fabric, so I can't help there. It's
been quite awhile since that pattern came out, so you're
probably out of luck finding any of the fabric.

Perhaps you can use regular afghan fabric and do a border design
similar to the woven-in houses that made up the blocks of the
fabric squares? The house design wouldn't have to be very detailed,
then add a couple of rows of plain cross stitches above and below
the houses to pull it together. Just make sure the size of your
blocks between the house borders will be as large (as many threads)
as the original fabric and you should be good to go. It will add
more stitching overall to add in the stitched borders, but is
better just leaving it plain.

Didn't that design use DMC Flower Thread? Or am I confusing it
with another similar design. At least conversion from Flower Thread
colors isn't difficult since it used the same numbering scheme
as regular DMC floss.

Good luck with your project!

Nyssa
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net

Old January 16th 15, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

--
kmcenheimer

I have Wichelt Home Sweet Home. It will be listed on my Etsy shop Sunnyside Cottage in a few days. Bobby

Discontinued Fabric René Quilting 17 March 28th 07 10:08 AM
The Wichelt linen I bought at Walmart is stiff/starched! Barbara T Needlework 7 December 18th 05 05:20 AM
Fabric (Some Discontinued) & Crafts Books Available kathieskorner Marketplace 0 July 4th 04 01:41 AM
Fabric (Some Discontinued) & Crafts Books Available kathieskorner Marketplace 0 June 21st 04 10:52 PM
? Zweigart equivalent for Wichelt Lamb's wool LHBanchik Needlework 1 August 27th 03 04:12 PM