Random On-Topic

Old October 26th 11, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Random On-Topic

I always enjoy reading your posts and hearing of all you have been doing.
So glad to hear you have some quilting friends at work. Unfortunately I've
never had any sewing or quilting friends. However I do have a chance to get
with craft friends, and while they knit, I do some of my hand sewing.
Barbara in FL

Old October 26th 11, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KT in Mich

It never ceases to amaze, what a small world we are in. Being able to so
easily communicate with folks all over the world about a topic we love so
much. My favorite quilting store is up the road about 1/2 mile from the
Interlochen Arts Academy!!! (www.interquilten.com) And my favorite state is
Alaska, where I visited for a short, short time in the '80s.

KT. in MI

"Steven Cook" wrote in message
mmunications...
Dear Polly

While Religion and I have an uneasy truce, I surely do remember fondly the
days of the choir at Church. I was truly very lucky having such an
exposure to world-class conducting, singing and instrument playing that
still makes me tingle and pinch myself to remember. Interlochen Arts
Academy is something to behold. And, speaking of this, I remember an
acapella version of Balm of Gilead. Oh dear me, hearing that in eight
parts is quite something.

That would be a good name for a quilt and I could just make it an
appliqued collage of all the things that are near and dear. Wouldn't that
be fun!? I'd have to devise a way to represent RCTQ, that is for sure.

Steven
Alaska

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Well said, dear friend. In the best of times and in the worst of times,
and all the times in between, quilting is our balm. Maybe we should name
our next quilt Gilead. Assuming, of course, that we can spell it right.
Polly

"Steven Cook" wrote in message
mmunications...
Hi All

Big winds today but no snow at my elevation yet. I'm attached to an
anchor so I won't blow away. But, two happy moments today when I got to
thinking about it.

First, to whomever mentioned the "stab-the-tail-twice" method after
threading your needle so it doesn't come un-threaded. You are my hero,
because I use silk thread a lot, and now you're the hero of many of the
ladies at work and two quilt stores. In the last two weeks I've been to
two quilt stores and showed the ladies the idea. They love it. Today,
during a period of time during Parent-Teacher Conferences when not one
parent was in the building, I showed the home ec teacher, our
armed-services liaison, three secretaries and the registrar. All were
impressed and excited to try it at home the next time a needle and
thread make an appearance.

Second, there are now four avid quilters at school, including me, so I
have someone to talk with, share with, commiserate with, challenge with,
excite with, when it comes to quilting. The main office secretary and I
have been sharing ever since she came to our school over seven years
ago. And recently her old machine died, she bought a new one at a
fantastic price, and the old one was even resurrected at a very good
price. Now one of the science teachers and a math teachers are going
crazy too. In fact, the science teacher has achieved a bigger stash in
one year than I have after many, many years. Projects arrive at school
weekly for show-and-tell, help and suggestions. Such fun.

In the midst of a rough year at work and in some cases all around,
quilting is our balm.

Thank you ladies, and gents, for being here and sharing and laughs along
the way.

Steven, who is thinking of a friend who had the twins smashed again
today because of an ominous shadow.
Alaska

Old October 27th 11, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rusty rusty is offline
Junior Member

On Oct 26, 6:43*pm, wrote:
I don't remember exactly what it looks like but RCTQ has/had a logo at one
time. Should be pretty easy to applique if it can be found.
Donna in Bellevue

Here's a link:

http://www.oocities.org/heartland/ranch/4775/

rusty
Old October 27th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Here is a video that I found on YouTube. Different than what I know, but
this works too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYsKET2E1LQ

I guess that I just may have to venture in to making a video to show you
how.

Steven
Alaska

"Alice in PA" wrote in message
Steven,

I'm not familiar with the "stab-the-tail-twice" method. Is there
someplace online where it is illustrated? Sounds like something I'd like
to try.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old October 28th 11, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thanks for the link. I had forgotten about the logo. A copy is now in
my idea file for my gratefulness collage.

Susan

Old October 28th 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

The video shows the method I use. I do use a needle threader to thread
the loop through the eye of the needle, though.

Julia in MN

"Steven wrote in message
[...]

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Ad~ 'Random Innocence?' .....tatercat tatercat Beads 30 January 31st 05 03:16 PM
Somewhat random question about Ms. Pnats Kalera Stratton Beads 2 January 23rd 05 06:30 AM
OT - Random Thoughts Anna W. Beads 3 November 18th 04 04:42 PM
Semi-OT - random awesomeness :) Kalera Stratton Beads 4 June 13th 04 03:32 AM
random squishing CNYstitcher Quilting 11 April 4th 04 12:07 AM