Selling Crochet

Old August 19th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Selling Crochet

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a great place for me to sell my
crochet work? I'm trying to make a little extra cash and I have been
working on a couple of afghans and scarves.

let me know!

Thanks

Old August 20th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One

There's two options that I can think of:

1. eBay. No guarantees you'll get what you deserve for your work.
2. Consignment shops, locally. You might get more, but I don't know for sure.
If you go to a consignment shop for children's clothing and baby items
especially with baby afghans, you might come out ahead. Not everyone has a
sweet aunt or grandmother to crochet for their wee ones, and they love a
handmade item!

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Hello,
:

Old August 21st 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

On 19 Aug 2006 07:49:56 -0700, "
wrote:

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a great place for me to sell my
crochet work? I'm trying to make a little extra cash and I have been
working on a couple of afghans and scarves.

I have seen crochet work for sale recently on two occasions, both
times for charity events. The prices were shockingly low, for very
high quality work. I imagine that the crocheters would not have been
willing to sell their work for such low prices, but were willing to
donate it to charity.

I live in Italy; things may be different where you live.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old August 22nd 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Sarah Carter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a great place for me to sell my
crochet work? I'm trying to make a little extra cash and I have been
working on a couple of afghans and scarves.

I haven't sold on there myself but have you seen http://www.etsy.com ?

Sarah
--
Accessories and Plus Sized Gothic clothes
Individual items for individual people

Old August 23rd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

II'm trying etsy.com. I actually set up an account and posted my first
item. We'll se what happens. If you guys want to look it its at
www.aniemancrochet.etsy.com

thanks for your help!

Old August 23rd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Moon Shyne

Try Etsy

http://www.etsy.com/