dyed pearls

Old March 11th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
vgee

Default dyed pearls

Hello,

I've been making colored freshwater jewelry, but I also wonder if they
start bleeding one day. Any ideas? Or what can I do to prevent it?

Thanks.

http://www.bronteyork.com

Old March 12th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:44:04 -0800 in rec.crafts.jewelry "vgee"
, intended to write something intelligible, but
instead wrote :

Hello,

I've been making colored freshwater jewelry, but I also wonder if they
start bleeding one day. Any ideas? Or what can I do to prevent it?

Thanks.

http://www.bronteyork.com

Do you use a water-based dye?
If so, don't.

How do you kill a Madris elephant?

Old March 12th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:44:04 -0800, "vgee"
wrote:

Hello,

I've been making colored freshwater jewelry, but I also wonder if they
start bleeding one day. Any ideas? Or what can I do to prevent it?

They don't usually bleed (although if you're using something like
fuchsia, you might want to test it), but the color does eventually rub
off. It will depend on what kind of care the owner gives the pieces.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com/

Old March 13th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens

instead wrote :

Hello,

I've been making colored freshwater jewelry, but I also wonder if they
start bleeding one day. Any ideas? Or what can I do to prevent it?

Thanks.

http://www.bronteyork.com

Do you use a water-based dye?
If so, don't.

How do you kill a Madris elephant?

Wait for the monsoons and let it bleed?

Old March 13th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

wrote:

Hello,

I've been making colored freshwater jewelry, but I also wonder if they
start bleeding one day. Any ideas? Or what can I do to prevent it?

They don't usually bleed (although if you're using something like
fuchsia, you might want to test it), but the color does eventually rub
off. It will depend on what kind of care the owner gives the pieces.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com/

Peter? You're posting on a free account with spam?

Old March 13th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:30:45 -0700, in Ìù "Marilee J. Layman"

Peter? You're posting on a free account with spam?
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com/

Teranews adds their banner to posts sent to their free accounts, yes. I'm currently
traveling on business for a few days, and have just plain given up on being able to
reliably reach and post to my home earthlink news servers. They're IP locked, and
finding, setting up and getting to work a new local dial up connection every time I'm in
some remote location just got too tireing. Often I'd end up connecting with a long
distance call to the Seattle dial up. Teranews seems to have reasonably robust and
reliable servers that I can reach from anywhere. The free accounts have the minor
drawback of adding their banner to the posts I send. Seems like a fair trade off to me
for giving me a solution to the problem, and for what it's worth, this was the solution
suggested by a number of other moderators on the moderators listserve. So far, it
s worked well. If you know another public news server where I can setup a free access
account and reach from virtually any internet connection, I'll be happy to try them,
but most then want a subscription plan of some sort.

It won't be for long. Home again wednesday night.

Peter Rowe
moderator, rec.crafts.jewelry

Old March 13th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:30:43 -0700 in rec.crafts.jewelry mbstevens

instead wrote :

Hello,

I've been making colored freshwater jewelry, but I also wonder if they
start bleeding one day. Any ideas? Or what can I do to prevent it?

Thanks.

http://www.bronteyork.com

Do you use a water-based dye?
If so, don't.

How do you kill a Madris elephant?

Wait for the monsoons and let it bleed?

Close. Spit on it & it bleeds to death.

I dyed yesterday Julia in MN Quilting 7 March 6th 07 04:29 PM
My tie dyed floss Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 July 21st 05 10:15 PM
AD - Bracelets of pearls, pearls and more pearls bluemaxx Beads 2 January 21st 05 10:58 PM
Dyed Delicas II starlia Beads 3 February 7th 04 11:00 PM
Dyed Beads EL Beads 2 July 17th 03 02:25 PM