Home again.

Old June 26th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Pogonip

Default Home again.

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/26/07 3:15 PM, in article , "Pogonip"
wrote:

Google is my friend. It was very difficult *wiping sweat from brow* --
I had to type in "potted meat" and press the little button. There were
other pages I could have told you about, like the "potted meat tribute
page." But I exercised restraint.

Google can be your friend, too. In the upper right corner of the
Firefox browser is a search box - where you can search terms on a list
of different sites.

Blowing raspberries your way!

Mmmmmmmmm, yum! Love dem raspberries.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old June 26th 07, 10:25 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Pat in Virginia

Let's all sing!
OKRA-HOMA!
Every night my honey, spam, and I sit alone and sulk,
and watch the hulk making lazy circles in the pie!

PAT, ducking and running in VA!

YarnWright wrote:

ANY 'greens', even OKRA!
Which, on the radio today, a djay asked if Okra comes from... get this:
Okrahoma???
LOL
Noreen

Old June 26th 07, 11:23 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jun 26, 3:15 pm, Pogonip wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/26/07 1:43 PM, in article , "Pogonip"
wrote:

As a public service, I submit to you:
http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html

With a lovely picture of the various potted meat products offered to the
American consumer.

How/why did you find that! more importantly - why did someone think this was
worthy of that much research.

Google is my friend. It was very difficult *wiping sweat from brow* --
I had to type in "potted meat" and press the little button. There were
other pages I could have told you about, like the "potted meat tribute
page." But I exercised restraint.

Google can be your friend, too. In the upper right corner of the
Firefox browser is a search box - where you can search terms on a list
of different sites.

LOLOL Great answer!

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 26th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default OT: SPAM

On Jun 26, 3:16 pm, Karen C - California wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Yepper! Which is why home cooking is better. You can regulate what
goes
into the meal.

Absolutely. But you can't regulate what goes into the husband when he's
not home.

When we first got married, I was puzzled how he could be gaining weight
on what I was feeding him. Then I found out. On his way to work, he
supplemented my healthy breakfast with a 600-calorie muffin slathered
with butter. He topped off the low-cal lunch I packed with a bucket of
the Colonel's finest. After a low-fat dinner, he'd run an errand by way
of either Dunkin Donuts or the ice cream shop.

It's not that I'm a bad cook, it's that I don't cook the way his mother
did (with lots of salt, lots of fried food, gravy on everything) and my
healthy meals made him feel "deprived".

OK, how long have you been married to m y Keith? g
I remember one summer when he swore that he wasn't eating anything
but what I prepared and he kept gaining weight. Turns out he was
DRINKING a minimum of two iced cappucinos every day!

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 26th 07, 11:31 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Doreen

YarnWright wrote:

ANY 'greens', even OKRA!
Which, on the radio today, a djay asked if Okra comes from... get this:
Okrahoma???
LOL
Noreen

Oh my, that's positively side-splitting!

Doreen in Alabama
Old June 26th 07, 11:59 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/26/07 6:25 PM, in article
, "Katherine"

Katherine wrote:
[...]

OMG (to quote the kids) I'm married to him too!

Old June 27th 07, 01:36 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/07 6:44 PM, in article SyXfi.7193$qC1.6015@edtnps89, "Murielle"
wrote:

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Tia Mary wrote:
I also make a truly great Spam and macaroni salad that I
usually take to potlucks during the warm months. Of course, I don't
actually *tell* anyone that the meat is Spam -- LOLOL! I just say it
is
tinned meat and let it go at that. If someone gets really insistent,
say it is a type of tinned ham product -- that usually takes care of
the
more curious.
AHEM!!! Recipe please! Remember, I live in hurricane territory and I
ALWAYS have a can of corned beef and a can of Spam on the emergency
shelf,
plus I pride myself on being able to serve my family tasty, healthful
meals for at least a week without benefit of electricity.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Corned beef I still have and eat. And the family still enjoys rissles
(sp).
I don't make them anymore, too time consuming, but I do love a rissle
every
now and then.

Murielle

What's a rissle? Google was no help

Rissole, I bet. Pronounced fast.

You got it! Got to get it out before the drool hits. ;-))

LOL!

Murielle

Old June 27th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 6/25/07 6:44 PM, in article SyXfi.7193$qC1.6015@edtnps89, "Murielle"
wrote:

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Tia Mary wrote:
[...]

What Spampot said! ;-))

Still laughing,
Murielle

Old June 27th 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen C - California

Katherine wrote:
OK, how long have you been married to m y Keith? g
I remember one summer when he swore that he wasn't eating anything
but what I prepared and he kept gaining weight. Turns out he was
DRINKING a minimum of two iced cappucinos every day!

Well, he was telling the truth. He wasn't EATING anything.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 6/5/07 -- "Best Friends" (Hinzeit)

WIP: housewarming gift, Bethany Angel, Dance of the Roses,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old June 27th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen C - California

me wrote:

You can try to stop them from "eating themselves to death" when they
are off on their own.. It does not always work, but you can try..

I tried everything and none of it worked.

I finally thought I'd hit on the solution ... I took away all his money,
his ATM card, his credit cards, his checkbook, anything that could be
used to pay for junk food. Didn't work. He'd hit up friends and
co-workers that he needed to borrow gas money, and they always gave him
the loan. And never knew that he was spending it at KFC instead of Chevron.