I wish it was my birthday or something!

Old January 30th 04, 06:43 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default I wish it was my birthday or something!

All kinds of new yarns I want to get my hands on....
and in all honesty, I can't.
whine
Noreen
who got her Herrschnerr's catalog and is *coveting*.....

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting, Bobbin-Lace and Spinning are my NICHE in
Old January 30th 04, 05:50 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

I got my copy too, also the new Mary Maxim one last week. Maybe the Easter
bunny will bring you some.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 30th 04, 08:19 PM

Ground Hog day coming up soon. I think we should treat outselves to
some yarn if he doesn't see his shadow. I will have all my fingers
crossed that he doesn't cause I am ready for spring.

Carol Ann in West Virginia where it is sunny but very cold...11 degrees
F.

Old January 31st 04, 06:03 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Carol Ann,

Our weatherman already said he would see it here, going to be a sunny mild day
for a change. Still adding to my stash sounds like a great idea.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 31st 04, 10:07 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article , Noreen's
Knit*che wrote:

All kinds of new yarns I want to get my hands on....
and in all honesty, I can't.

LOL! I got the Knit Picks catalogue and immediately spent the $100
drawing money I haven't won. I am on a yarn diet until the Fiber
Retreat in two weeks, but then I will buy more to spin and more yarn.

I am getting my first actual spinning lesson today, so I am really
excited!

Regards,
Ranee (who is already dreaming of spinning up the 2-ply laceweight
alpaca to make the Forest Path Stole)

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Old February 1st 04, 02:47 AM
Katherine

Ranee Mueller wrote:
snip

Oh, Ranee! How wonderful! A spinning lesson. I would LOVE that.! Let us know
how it goes.
Katherine

Old February 5th 04, 08:10 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Ranee Mueller wrote: snip

Oh, Ranee! How wonderful! A spinning lesson. I would LOVE that.! Let
us know how it goes. Katherine

Well, I made yarn. It was crappy yarn, but I made it. I really,
really liked doing it though. Now I just have to get it somewhat
into acceptable range before my class which is the 14th! Yikes!

Regards, Ranee

Old February 5th 04, 10:56 PM
Cher

Well done, sounds brilliant, oh you'll do it, just stick at it and don't
hurry it...and you'll be surprised...

Cheers...Cher
Ranee Mueller wrote in message
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Ranee Mueller wrote: snip

Oh, Ranee! How wonderful! A spinning lesson. I would LOVE that.! Let
us know how it goes. Katherine

Well, I made yarn. It was crappy yarn, but I made it. I really,
really liked doing it though. Now I just have to get it somewhat
into acceptable range before my class which is the 14th! Yikes!

Regards, Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24

---

Old February 6th 04, 02:07 AM
Katherine

Ranee Mueller wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Ranee Mueller wrote: snip

Oh, Ranee! How wonderful! A spinning lesson. I would LOVE that.! Let
us know how it goes. Katherine

Well, I made yarn. It was crappy yarn, but I made it. I really,
really liked doing it though. Now I just have to get it somewhat
into acceptable range before my class which is the 14th! Yikes!

Good for you! Why do you have to get into the acceptable range before your
class? I thought that you would learn how to do that there.
Katherine

Old February 6th 04, 08:17 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Good for you! Why do you have to get into the acceptable range before your
class? I thought that you would learn how to do that there.

Mostly because while it is a class for beginners, it is also a class
that assumes (requires) that you have the basics down, so you can focus
on technique, design and style.

Regards,
Ranee