Polymer Clay Question

Old September 2nd 03, 04:29 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Polymer Clay Question

Im not a polyclay expert but what the heck, Ill jump in. I also looked
through glass attic and didnt find anything that addressed the issue. Im not
sure there are any special instructions you need to give your customers,
other than standard common sense stuff.
Maybe the polyclay NG can help. Its kind of quiet there now but your
question might spark interest. Maybe the forums on delphi could help too?
Or, wait till Sarajane gets back?
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"vj" wrote in message
okay - i have my hands on polymer clay beads.

i like to tell people how to take care of them, when i sell them to
someone. what do i tell them about these????? i am so totally out of
my depth here!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old September 3rd 03, 12:09 AM
Diana Curtis

It is a form of plastic, so it can get wet, tho I am not sure about the
finishes the artist may have used. Most times I use Future floor acrylic but
there are those artists who prefer to use a water based varnish. I dont know
how they hold up to water. Some artists prefer to just buff their clay to
the finish they want. Then there is the question of how strong is the clay.
Some clay is fragile.. others are tougher. The rule of thumb is to treat
them as you would fine porcelian. Polyclay isnt recommended for use outside
in sunlight. UV rays fade it.
I was wondering why Sarajane hadnt chimed in too! LOL
I hope this helps. At least till she returns.

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Diana Curtis"
:

]Im not a polyclay expert but what the heck, Ill jump in. I also looked
]through glass attic and didnt find anything that addressed the issue. Im

not
]sure there are any special instructions you need to give your customers,
]other than standard common sense stuff.

how easily will it break, do you know?
can it get wet?

i mean, i'm completely in the dark here.

i wondered why i hadn't heard from Sarajane. i'd completely forgotten
she was gone. DUH! no wonder!