Newbie

Old December 24th 11, 08:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Me[_2_]

Default Newbie

Before the beginning on Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:19:22 -0500, Jim
took up quill and scribed:

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:36:00 -0800, Peter W. Rowe
discovered a keyboard and, for our
edification and amusement, submitted

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:30:49 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry
wrote:

Hey Peter, are you still moderating?

Yes. You'd not have seen that newbie message if I weren't still doing it.

Not sure just why I bother these days, since for all intents and purposes, the
group is dead, with discussion having moved to the Orchid forum. But if I stop
checking the group now and then, it will be truly dead, since messages would
then just never reach the group at all, dying in my email inbox. There is not,
unfortunately, some default fall back option for a group to become unmoderated
again without a bunch of fuss and bother.

I don't check the newsgroup every day, as I used to do. Now it's more like once
or twice a week, when I'm available to do so. Usually, there's nothing new to
post.

Peter

...and there is an easy way of directing newbies to Orchid? I'm not
sure all newbies are web-savvy enough to leave the newsgroups and find
Orchid...
Jim
Blessed be, for sure

Frankly I can't imagine anyone who can use Usenet not being able to
figure out email, but I've been fooled before!

Orchid FAQ:
~
http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/faq.htm
Orchid Archives:
~ http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/archive
Orchid Galleries:
~ http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/gallery.htm
Invite a Friend:
~ http://www.ganoksin.com/invite.htm

Hi from a Newbie DuelingNeedles Needlework 13 June 8th 12 05:55 AM
newbie here... nokturna Beads 3 January 15th 06 08:44 PM
Newbie saying hello Durga Marino Quilting 13 March 10th 04 08:49 AM
newbie just saying hi! hellofromsmd Quilting 19 March 4th 04 04:03 AM
newbie here Carol Quilting 14 December 31st 03 12:57 PM