OT need reading material- help!

Old May 24th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT need reading material- help!

I knew we've covered this several times, but I can't stay on my computer
long enough to do a lot of searching in the archives, so am asking for the
same ol' stuff..... again.

I thought I'd be laid up with this darn surgery for only two weeks, so I
bought 2 WalMart bags of used paperbacks before the surgery thinking it
would be plenty of reading material. Well, now I'm running out of books. I
need some suggestions so I can order more books online. First, where are
some websites that sell discounted books? Half.com and some "libris" place?
Any others?

Second, I've about exhausted all the books by my fave authors. My first
line of writers include: #1 is Janet Evanovich (of course, Polly! VBG),
Leslie Glass, Nevada Barr, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton,
Sara Paretsky, Kathy Reichs, Earlene Fowler, Sharon Fifer, Diana Gabaldon,
Sara Donati (Is she the same person as Gabaldon???)

Second line: James Lee Burke, Ann Perry, Joan Hess, M. C. Beaton, Alice
Hoffman

Started a Steven Saylor book and just could not get into it. Sorry to those
who enjoy his writing.....

It appears I'm mostly fond of murder mysteries and coroner/pathologist type
books.

So, any suggestions for other authors and cheap books?

I have done very much better the past few days- really turned a corner. I'm
pushing myself in PT. I have a goal- I want to start walking with some
weight bearing sooner than the 2 months mark. I see my surgeon on June 4
and I want to dazzle him with my progress so I can return to The Land of The
Active/Living.

Thanks again for all the cards and photos and squishies! They are still
coming in daily and so brighten my days! The HairyButt Gang seems to know I
am a bit 'fragile' right now and have been sooooo sweet with me. The
biggest problem is that they cuddle so close that I feel strangled and
suffocated in the bedsheets!

TIA!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 25th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

I knew we've covered this several times, but I can't stay on my computer
long enough to do a lot of searching in the archives, so am asking for the
same ol' stuff..... again.

I thought I'd be laid up with this darn surgery for only two weeks, so I
bought 2 WalMart bags of used paperbacks before the surgery thinking it
would be plenty of reading material. Well, now I'm running out of books. I
need some suggestions so I can order more books online. ..............
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Have you read any of Jonathan Kellerman's stuff? He does the series
of Alex Delaware novels and they are a good read. Alex is a "shrink"
and his best friend is a gay LA Det. named Milo Sturgis. They solve all
sorts of strange psycho killer murders!
Now, I have literally BAGS of paperback -- most of them adventure,
murder mysteries and the like that I would be thrilled to send you! And
I am serious about this because I would just have to schlepp them to the
local Goodwill if I don't find someone to send them too! Media Mail is
way cheap too so it wouldn't really cost me much at all. So -- please
e-mail me about this, OK? I'M SERIOUS, really and truly I am!!!!!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old May 25th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Answered privately- with much gratitude!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 25th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Yep, forgot all about Deaver- I really enjoy his books, also. Thanks for
reminding me.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"BJ" wrote in message
You might try Jeffery Deaver. He wrote the book,"The Bone Collector",
that was made into the movie that Denzel Washington starred in. Several
of his books are about that character - Lincoln Rhyme - He is a detective
that is completely paralized and solves crimes with the help of a crew of
other police/detectives. Very interesting.

Good thoughts and wishes for your recovery.

BJ in GA

Old May 25th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

And a wonderful used book shopping place is www.abebooks.com I've found
some treasures there for just $1 but need to warn you. They represent more
that 13,000 bookstores *worldwide* and it's not quite bright to pay postage
from UK unless there's not a store closer that sells something you badly
want. I wish I knew of someone as much fun as Evanovich. Have you read
Harry Potter? Polly

Old May 25th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ann

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message

snip

So, any suggestions for other authors and cheap books?

Good luck with your recovery.

You seem to like a lot of the same type of book I do, so a few more author
off the tom of my head:

David Baldacci - wonderful books of mystery and intrigue, surprise twists
Sidney Sheldon - more of mystery and intrigue
Lisa Scottoline - lady lawyer, mystery type
John Grisham - mystery, intrigue

Ann

Old May 25th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

i was about to say diana gabaldon, oh well.
try this site for bargain books.
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamiltonbook.storefront
and give those sweet critters a wee boot away, they'll eventually get the
idea.
some are quicker on the uptake than others tho, lol.
sorry, i shouldnt laugh but i do know how it is with critters when ya get
into bed.
{{{{{{{{Leslie}}}}}}}}}}}
jeanne

--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old May 25th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

And have you read the Lawrence Sanders series on Archy McNally? Grandmother
Mazur is not in them but he would have liked her. Polly

Old May 25th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jeri

http://www.alibris.com/
http://www.abebooks.com/
http://www.bookcloseouts.com
http://www.edwardrhamilton.com/

Second, I've about exhausted all the books by my fave authors. My
first line of writers include: #1 is Janet Evanovich (of course,
Polly! VBG), Leslie Glass, Nevada Barr, James Patterson, Patricia
Cornwell, Sue Grafton, Sara Paretsky, Kathy Reichs, Earlene Fowler,
Sharon Fifer, Diana Gabaldon, Sara Donati (Is she the same person as
Gabaldon???)
Second line: James Lee Burke, Ann Perry, Joan Hess, M. C. Beaton,
Alice Hoffman

I just finished reading Angels&Demons by Dan Brown and loved it! Now I wish
I had read The DaVinci Code before seeing the movie.
Other authors I really enjoy.....
Elizabeth Peters
Barbara Michaels
P. D. James
Michael Crichton
Robin Cook
Bill Bryson (definite spew warnings needed)
Jan Karon

So, any suggestions for other authors and cheap books?

I have done very much better the past few days- really turned a
corner. I'm pushing myself in PT. I have a goal- I want to start
walking with some weight bearing sooner than the 2 months mark. I
see my surgeon on June 4 and I want to dazzle him with my progress so
I can return to The Land of The Active/Living.

It's great that you're doing so much better!!
--
Jeri
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because

Old May 25th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

http://www.notesinthemargin.org/davidson.html

Diane Mott Davidson has light weight mysteries. She's a caterer who gets
into all sorts of situations. Engaging reading.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

"BJ" wrote in message
[...]

still reading off kilter quilter Quilting 2 April 5th 06 04:15 PM
OT - reading Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 12th 05 06:42 PM
Caught up reading maryd Quilting 0 December 12th 04 03:25 PM
Way OT--Reading Lucille Needlework 14 September 18th 03 02:36 AM