LNS Classes

Old July 22nd 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeepİ

Default LNS Classes

Got the newsletter from our (new) LNS that I posted about a few weeks ago,
and they are offering several classes. I signed up for the following:

# Intro to Linen (one 2 hour class, working with linen fabrics, over one &
two threads)
# Punchneedle (one 3 hour class, this one was expensive, due to the
materials involved)
# Bargello (two 2 hour classes, also expensive due to materials)
# Working with Overdyed Threads (one 2 hour class) (I looked at their stock
of overdyes, and was drooling and wishing I had one of *everything*)

And they are also offering a 'class' where you make Christmas/holiday
ornaments - they have a different one each month, so I've signed up for the
next two available, each 2 hours.

DH complained about the cost (over $100), but then reminded himself that he
spent $3000 for a telescope and about that for digital camera equipment ....
so he just grinned and bore it rather well. The plus is that it will get me
out of the house.... and I'll be having *fun*!!!!

I just *can't* wait for the first class, the Punchneedle, on August 22!!!!
I feel like I'm bouncing off the walls!!!
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)İ

Old July 22nd 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

I'm jealous! Have fun and post project pictures (give your husband a
use for all that camera equipment) afterward.

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles
Old July 22nd 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queen City x-stitcher

Magic Mood Jeepİ wrote:
[...]

I'm teaching a class in October at our LNS. It will be a Christmas
temari. I have to make a couple of new ones for a display. I keep giving
mine away. :-D
I'm planning to have a Christmas rose at one pole, and a square over
square on the other pole. There will be a wrapped obi as well. The mari
will be simple 8 divisions and premade to keep the class in a 2 hour
window. I'm hoping that there will be enough interest to teach how to
make and prep a mari later in the winter. Bobbie V

help picking quilt classes quilter Quilting 3 April 9th 06 03:07 AM
Boston Area Jewelry Making classes! Yippee! lgreene Beads 2 August 11th 04 11:23 PM
Classes? DreamBeadr Beads 32 June 18th 04 05:10 PM
Machine classes was squishie etiquette TinaHoak Quilting 1 April 4th 04 08:03 PM
BEADING & JEWELLERY CLASSES START 4th OCTOBER 2003 JulesGems ~ Beads & Things Jewelry 0 September 24th 03 04:01 PM