OT Starting Christmas shopping in May

Old May 13th 04, 09:34 PM
NightMist

Default OT Starting Christmas shopping in May

OK, I'm only doing it because I found a thing cheap and expect the
thing I want to go with it to be hard to find.

I'm picking up hardcover copies of "The Box of Delights" and
"Midnight Folk" by John Masefield.

Now the part I need help with.
In about 1989 the BBC did a six part series of "The Box of Delights",
it was later released on video. I want that video series! It was on
local PBS when I lived in Colorado and it is wonderful.
The best I have been able to do is 450 US$ for a mint condition set on
ebay last year, obviously I couldn't afford that!
I have been given to understand that it may be subtitled "When the
Wolves Were Running".

The only person I have talked to that actually owned the video lives
in New Zealand, and though she looked, she could not find a copy that
would play in the US.
I just get blank looks at the video store, I have not found it online
yet. Amazon has a link that won't load and a listed price of $575,
(see me gasp and drop down in a faint!)

Does anybody have a line on this video?
Other than that, does anybody live anywhere where they show it every
Christmas and is capable of recording it in VHS format?

NightMist
becoming more firmly convinced that the best things are the hardest to
find.
--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell
Old May 13th 04, 10:22 PM
NightMist

Wow that was fast!

After checking everytime I go on ebay for _ages_ and not finding
anything that was sanely priced or non-PAL, I post a request here,
check my email immediately after posting, fly to the ebay address
emailed to me, and "buy it now" a brand new format compatible copy for
$20. The only US and Canada format listed by the way....

You guys are just amazing!
There is obviously magic afoot here!

NightMist

Old May 13th 04, 11:07 PM
Sharon Harper

Maybe contact the PBS station you saw it on?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old May 14th 04, 12:19 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Just starting?
Why'd you wait so long? ;-P

Ragmop/Sandy--not reminding anyone that it's May now
and Christmas quilts should be well along the Finished path...
VBG

Old May 14th 04, 06:37 AM
Kate T.

Have you called your PBS station to find out if they still sell it. Maybe
they could cut you a copy or put you in touch with whomever could.

Kate T.
South Mississippi