OT - Has Anyone Told Ya'll Lately...

Old January 24th 05, 04:59 AM
Polly Stewart

Default OT - Has Anyone Told Ya'll Lately...

That ya'll are amazing and awesome!!!!!!!!!
I mean that!!!
Supportive, caring, huggy, even a bit smoochy at times!!!
I would be willing to bet there have been times when this group may have
seriously saved someones sanity or even more than that.

.... In addition to this ng and a few book ngs, I read a medical ng that
has actually provided a few small bits of helpful info so far... but
tonight after wading through tons of angry, vicious, nasty msgs it was
just all too much.

I started to revert to old bbs flaming and toast someone (for attacking
someone I don't even 'know')... but older and wiser and all that and I
'walked' away! Then maybe not so much wiser! I went back and
responded... without name calling and hopefully intelligently and I pray
I won't ever give into the urge to toast again!!!

I did learn to killfile in Mozilla though and will give a that ng a few
more days... Its sad because a couple of people there seem to offer good
information and conversations but man... are some people that freaking
miserable?????

sorry... ranting over... recovery now begins!!!!

Polly
=====
Old January 24th 05, 06:07 AM
FurPaw

Polly Stewart wrote:
That ya'll are amazing and awesome!!!!!!!!!
I mean that!!!
Supportive, caring, huggy, even a bit smoochy at times!!!
I would be willing to bet there have been times when this group may have
seriously saved someones sanity or even more than that.

I agree! Since I've been lurking and occasionally participating
over the past few months, I have to say that it's the warmest and
least snarky group I've ever seen!

[...]

Another group I participate in went through quite a snark fest
around new years, and I confess to being in the middle of it. But I
got something important out of it, as well - an understanding of
why a particular poster often really ****es me off to the point of
feeling like I just have to jump in and defend her targets when she
gets snotty and insulting. I finally realized that her "tone"
brought back childhood memories of the way my dad would "fight" when
we disagreed, or put me down when he was mad at me. I figured out
that I was really reacting to his voice in my head. And that was
the key - *re*acting. With understanding comes more choice in my

And yes, I think there are some people who are that freaking
miserable.

FurPaw

--
Sleep is the best meditation. - Dalai Lama

To reply, unleash the dog
Old January 24th 05, 06:25 AM
Polly Stewart

FurPaw wrote:

reacting to his voice in my head. And that was the key - *re*acting.
With understanding comes more choice in my responses, now.

hmmm That is worth thinking about... I avoided most family 'stuff' when
I was a kid (youngest of 5 and totally a loner) but come to think of
it... there is something in her tone thats *is* eerily familiar... and
worse than nails on a blackboard. But I am her target now so she is
leaving some others alone and I can deal with (ignore) that.

Snarking? Good name. I am so obviously a newbie still!

And yes, I think there are some people who are that freaking miserable.

Thats so sad, when there are others who manage to live through
devastating pain, and yet share the goodness that is them instead ...

take care
Polly
=====
Old January 25th 05, 06:23 AM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:59:28 -0600, Polly Stewart
wrote:

That ya'll are amazing and awesome!!!!!!!!!
I mean that!!!
Supportive, caring, huggy, even a bit smoochy at times!!!
I would be willing to bet there have been times when this group may have
seriously saved someones sanity or even more than that.

I agree wholeheartedly

--
Heather
Old January 25th 05, 12:50 PM
Su/Cutworks

Heather wrote:
Polly wrote:
That ya'll are amazing and awesome!!!!!!!!!
I mean that!!!
Supportive, caring, huggy, even a bit smoochy at times!!!
I would be willing to bet there have been times when this group may have
seriously saved someones sanity or even more than that.

I agree wholeheartedly

I can assure you guys that you've saved my sanity.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:

Old January 31st 05, 02:02 AM
Kalera Stratton

I agree completely. Even when we break into spats, it's more like
siblings quarrelling and not like the incredible nasty behavior that I
find on other NGs. Oddly, the medical and the alt.support.* are the
worst of the worst, it seems!

Polly Stewart wrote:
[...]

http://www.beadwife.com

Ya'll are corrupting me... Polly Stewart Beads 14 January 11th 05 07:53 PM
Ok, who told? Beadbimbo Beads 15 September 4th 04 02:00 AM
Howdy Y'all! AmazeR Beads 10 August 9th 04 09:37 AM
REPUBLICANS ARE TRAITORS! Gary Stollman Beads 8 May 20th 04 01:44 AM
OT-an amusement for KathyNV and y'all Sjpolyclay Beads 49 November 29th 03 07:25 PM