Question from the past====

Old October 21st 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

Default Question from the past====

Just a question from past experience.
I was (I thought) lucky to get one of the Technicolor Irons during our
discussion here last April

Wondered if anyone else has had a problem.

Turned mine on and thought I must have gotten some starch on it, so
got a fabric softener sheet to clean it off. Well,,, the softener
sheet melted on contact, and that's after I had let it cool a bit.
I am sure it is a hot spot, but before I write the manufacturer, I
thought I would see if anyone else has had trouble.

I did have it plugged into a surge protector (engineer dh) and never
left it on any longer than necessary since it made my sewing room heat
up-that stuff happens in Florida.

Any advice or comments????

Anna Belle in Palm Bay
Old October 21st 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

What was the dryer sheet made of? Was it the fiber in that that was not
iron heat tolerant or the iron?

Scary!

Old October 21st 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

The dryer sheet was a store brand that I have used for ages and for
this purpose in the past.
Sure surprised me, smelled bad also.
AB

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:36:13 -0700, "Lenore L"
wrote:

What was the dryer sheet made of? Was it the fiber in that that was not
iron heat tolerant or the iron?

Scary!

"Anna Belle" wrote in message
.. .

Just a question from past experience.
I was (I thought) lucky to get one of the Technicolor Irons during our
discussion here last April

Wondered if anyone else has had a problem.

Turned mine on and thought I must have gotten some starch on it, so
got a fabric softener sheet to clean it off. Well,,, the softener
sheet melted on contact, and that's after I had let it cool a bit.
I am sure it is a hot spot, but before I write the manufacturer, I
thought I would see if anyone else has had trouble.

I did have it plugged into a surge protector (engineer dh) and never
left it on any longer than necessary since it made my sewing room heat
up-that stuff happens in Florida.

Any advice or comments????

Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Greetings from the past... Chatelaine-Martina Weber Needlework 18 March 20th 08 02:56 PM
How did I forget JCS this past Christmas? Becky A Needlework 2 January 30th 06 01:52 AM
hello ....a voice from the past coggietm Yarn 12 March 4th 05 03:19 AM
past post Michele Blank Glass 0 November 12th 04 05:47 AM
Weird past week Carla Beads 11 October 6th 04 05:46 AM