Gift certificate

Old April 16th 05, 06:38 PM
Trixie

Default Gift certificate

I was given a $100 gift certificate for a local quilting store that stocks a
suprisingly SMALL amount of fabric (disappointingly little). They do seem to
have a selection of books and doo hickeys (templates, rulers, that kind of
thing). What would you buy?

Trixie

Old April 16th 05, 07:05 PM
Linda Sweigart

I'd get a goodly amount of their best muslin for the backs of things, any
cutting templates/rulers that I don't already have, some extra rotary cutter
blades, thread to match all my UFOs, batting, and a credit slip for any of
the $100 that remains - in the hopes they eventually get some fabric that I
like.

Linda

news

Old April 16th 05, 07:16 PM
frood

I'd go for books and doo-hickeys! Get the biggest ruler they stock. Do you
need a new (or bigger) mat?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

news

Old April 16th 05, 07:46 PM
Sally Swindells

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:38:17 -0700, "Trixie"
wrote:

I was given a $100 gift certificate for a local quilting store that stocks a
suprisingly SMALL amount of fabric (disappointingly little). They do seem to
have a selection of books and doo hickeys (templates, rulers, that kind of
thing). What would you buy?

Trixie

I do look longingly at quilt guns - make basting so easy, so either
books (love books) or the doo hickeys I really wanted but would never
buy. A selection of different size rulers, and these speciality rulers
would be nice

Alternativly I would spend the money on something mundane like
batting/needles, ie the ordinary boring bits that you have to buy
anyway, and then 'give myself permission' to use $100 in a fabric shop
I liked.

--
Sally in Suffolk UK
Old April 16th 05, 08:01 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I would buy Backing Fabric - or batting - never have enough of that.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
news

Old April 16th 05, 09:26 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Trixie wrote:

I was given a $100 gift certificate for a local quilting store that stocks a
suprisingly SMALL amount of fabric (disappointingly little). They do seem to
have a selection of books and doo hickeys (templates, rulers, that kind of
thing). What would you buy?

Trixie

Books are good - treat yourself to some of the best ones around (and
anything by our Carol Doak comes high up on that list!) and enjoy! Pick
a technique that you aren't familiar with, and wouldn't necessarily buy
for yourself, and get it - a "free book" is a nice way to find a new love!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old April 16th 05, 11:47 PM
Taria

stencils and books, rotary rulers and blades.
Taria

Old April 17th 05, 01:05 AM
Sharon Harper

Something you wouldn't normally spend the money on. Maybe some books you
don't have? Or do-hickeys you wouldn't buy in a pink fit because they cost
too much - but now you can because you aren't really paying. Have fun!

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

news

Old April 17th 05, 01:57 AM
Taria

pink fit? I never heard that. I just generally have plain old
fits myself
TAria

Old April 17th 05, 02:59 AM
Pat in Virginia

Taria, Get with it!! Pink is the new black!!
PAT, who wore a new pink hat today, in VA