Mega quilter problems

Old April 20th 18, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Mega quilter problems

I've had no issue with my nachine for years. 2 months ago, the bar on the FMQ foot that rests on the needle bar snapped when I was free motion quilting and my machine was in for service for a month. I have had issues with thread shredding when it's on the frame ever since, especially when I quilt right to left. I have tried EVERYTHING that's posted on dozens of boards. It works just fine off the frame although I haven't tried ruler work off the frame. Husqvarna is no help.
Because the machine threads left to right, I suspect that has something to do with it when sewing right to left. At first, I thought my needle must be piercing the thread causing it to shred. Dont think so? Then i thought bobbin tension is affected when sewing right to left. May be? Surely, they can't expect us to only sew left to right when fm quilting all the time?
I'm using HLx5 needles. Have tried top stitch needles. I've tried Sew Fine, Glide and mettler thread. Sew Fine has always been my favorite. I've ordered new spools. I've disconnected my Quilters Dream Cruise control and am using the basic stitch regulator. Absolutely nothing helps. I've taken it in for service twice and have had multiple phone conversations. Nada.
There are so few conversations on line about the HMQ, I xant decide if it's because no one else has problems with them or so few of us bought them???
Old April 21st 18, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

I bought a MegaQuilter and frame, used, about 7 years ago. I quilted five quilts on it. Fooey. I tried the machine as a standalone. Fine for straight stitching but I couldn't free-motion without thread breaking. I checked the thread, the threading, everything. Fooey again. Meanwhile I quilted dozens of quilts on my regular domestic machine, Pfrieda (Pfaff 1472). She was Pfearless! Alas, the motor gave out last fall. I bought a new Janome with an 11" arm and nice, bright LED lighting. It's great.

I offered the MegaQ in trade but the dealer didn't want it. The Midwest Mission Distribution Center of the United Methodist Church has a sewing machine ministry. They accept ANY sewing machines. Volunteers know how to refurbish them. The machines are sent to mission projects (mostly for economic empowerment for women). The MegaQ went there and, presumably, it will provide years of service. http://www.midwestmission.org is the website. [I also donated a serger and two vintage machines that I was given by people who just wanted them to go away.]

Old May 10th 18, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Al Navas

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 7:55:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I recently purchased a used, but almost new, Viking mega quilter. It is skipping stitches and the thread keeps breaking. I have adjusted both tensions, and re-threaded, adjust the frame,it sews good for a minute, then the thread breaks or skips stitches. It is driving me crazy...I am new to quilting, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dora

Almost 3 years ago I did troubleshooting on our MegaQuilter 18-8, It turned out one of the encoders was just about frozen and would turn rotate properly. Replaced the encoder, and it has been working flawlessly since.

Also, recently the stitcher box failed. I sent away the motor box for modifications. The entire system is working so well, I would not consider replacing it with anything else. It is amazing the difference it has made!

Al, in Missouri

Old August 26th 18, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

I also am having same isssues I took it in and had a bent arm 160 late it is all about the tension

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter rockytop Quilting 3 August 1st 11 04:07 PM
Mega Quilter charick Quilting 0 May 25th 09 10:21 PM
Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter` cbond Quilting 4 April 3rd 09 11:25 PM
Mega Quilter User guide... help needed Jo P Quilting 8 August 27th 07 03:25 PM
Viking Mega Quilter KittyG Quilting 5 December 19th 05 05:00 AM