Off to NH & Boston

Old October 1st 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default Off to NH & Boston

Well, we'll be leaving in about 30 mins for the long awaited trip.
I'll be seeing Cheryl and having a meet & greet with several of the
other stitchers who live in that neck o' the woods :-). I have THREE
bags to schlepp so I'm glad DH, my sherpa, will be along. I'm hoping to
have some needlework shopping fun with Cheryl if we can manage to have
the time. I WILL go to northern NH where Keepsake Quilting and, and,
and -- oh **&#$&%*& I can't remember the name of the LNS who puts out
the great catalogue but it's owned & operated by the same folks who do
K.Q. Should be an expensive trip, to say the least :-}}}
The nephew is getting married on 10/10/10 so I have to have "nice"
duds to wear for all of the family gatherings with fancy shoes, etc.
Plus I have a whole passel of souvenirs for everyone. The Mother of the
Bride (who prefers whiskey as her drink of choice) is paying for hotel
rooms for ALL of us -- that's SIX rooms for three nights and a load of
$$$. As a thank you I have three bottles of different whiskies and a
large box of chocolate liqueurs for her -- all of which I got while in
Scotland. That stuff is HEAVY so I have it distributed in two of the
suitcases. Let's hope the Federales who do the security don't abscond
with it!!!!!
Stay safe and have fun while I am away. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old October 2nd 10, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/1/10 2:02 PM, in article , "Tia Mary"
wrote:

[...]

Can hardly wait to see you

Did you convince the sherpa to come watch some hockey today?

Old October 5th 10, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2010-10-01, Tia Mary wrote:
[...]

I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. If you need an LNS on the
way to RI. The one next to me is very well stocked.
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John
Old October 5th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default LNS's in NH was off to NH & Boston

Margaret St. John wrote:
On 2010-10-01, Tia Mary wrote:
[...]

BTW, the LNS in Meredith, NH, Hunters, has closed as a bricks and mortar
shop. They do sell on Ebay. I was disappointed when DH finally found a
parking place...........and they were empty.I believe the daughter who
owned it teaches at a college somewhere, and her parents were manning it
last summer (2009). Her mother was having to go to dialysis twice a
week........which probably prompted the closing. I used to enjoy
stopping by.

Keepsake NeedleArts, at Center Harbor, NH is all part of the Keepsake
Quilting. It only sells kits, some real books (not charts) and cute
accessories...and part of that shop has been taken over by quilting
supplies. I needed QSnaps, and the sales lady didn't know what they
were. So, we found some hoops in a corner of the larger quilting
section, and low and behold I found the last set of 8 inch Q Snaps I
needed. I also needed a skein of DMC floss..but they had very little of
that, and not the color I needed.

On the plus side...it is certainly a quilting mecca....and there are
tables of marked down cross-stitch kits on the porch.

Adjacent is a very knitting shop, and the rest of the building is
scrapbooking.

Thee is a Quilting shop in Plymouth NH, adjacent to a Knitting shop.
They are both on Tenney Mtn Highway. The quilting shop does sell DMC;
she is closed either Monday or Tuesday..I think Tuesday.

You can tell where I go each summer when we are up in God's Country!!

earn by click here &&&&********&&&&&& [email protected] Yarn 1 January 19th 08 10:32 AM
My Boston Accent Kandice Seeber Beads 1 January 6th 04 07:35 PM
Student From Boston - ~OT~ Tinkster Beads 5 December 29th 03 09:56 AM
OT - Boston joke LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 0 December 7th 03 05:29 PM
Beadstores in Boston? Diana Curtis Beads 1 September 12th 03 04:53 PM