Becki's Necklace Challenge update

Old July 9th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Default Becki's Necklace Challenge update

Nothing to see here, yet. Still a work in progress ...

This is the Becki necklace challenge I received:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...52904469TkVnUt

(After struggling to photograph the necklace over and over, I finally
scanned it -- worked much better.)

Working with browns, ambers, golds is a challenge in itself for me. I tend
to favor jewel or primary tones. And this pendant just does not want to play
with the beads it came with or the similar ones I've added to the new
design. So, like Jerri's two necklaces became one, this one necklace is
about to become two. Back to the drawing board for necklace #1 (have to
figure out a new pendant or focal presentation) and necklace #2 is awaiting
new supplies. My bead drawer just doesn't have enough in it -- yet, LOL.
--
KathyZ

Old July 9th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

That looks nice! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

What kind of dogs are those? They look kind of like Ibizan (sp?) hounds!

Rose is very cute, too.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 10th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Default OT.. Hounds, was Becki's Necklace Challenge

I should have guessed you would check out the dogs, Jerri! The red dogs are
Pharaoh Hounds. Masud was our first, and he was so lonely, his breeder
retired his mom, Ruby, and she came to live with us 1997. When Ruby passed
in 2001, the breeder gave us Masud's sister, Nila. The lhasa apso with Masud
and Nila in one photo was Little One, a stray that found us in 2002.

Unfortunately, 2005 was a hard year for our dogs. Masud died of cancer in
January and Little One died of old age in July. Luckily, a very good friend
and lhasa apso breeder gave me Rose later that year, and we still have Nila
to keep her company.

Pharaoh hounds are wonderful pets -- high energy for short amounts of time,
then couch potatoes. Kind of like the lhasa apso's temperment, too. And both
breeds are so smart they're always one step ahead of us.
--
KathyZ

Old July 10th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

That's the other breed I was tryint to think of!! Pharaoh Hounds!
Beautiful.

The Lhasa I recognized!

I'm so sorry about your recent losses. It would be hard to lose two so
close together.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 10th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Beautiful dogs!! My goodness...even working for a vet for many years I never
saw one of those.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti

Old July 11th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

How about a multi-strand creation? It seems to me that the large pendant
needs something to balance it, more weight... maybe several strands that all
go through a couple of larger beads placed on each side. I might have some
larger carnelian if you want me to look...

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old July 11th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

My first thought was multiple strands, too, and that's what my first two
tries involved. But the colors in the pendant are more of a red-brown-tan,
and seem to be asking for different companions beads than the brown, amber,
gold in the original. I have a good idea of what to do with the pendant now,
but if it needs more than what is on its way, I'll let you know.
--
KathyZ

Old July 11th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

They're not only beautiful, they're extremely fun dogs and super easy care.
One of the reasons we chose them was they require almost no bathing or
grooming, do not shed much and do not have an oily skin like some hounds.
They're still pretty rare in America, but we just happened to meet a breeder
who lives close and then we fell in love.

Of course, then I fell in love with lhasas, and have lots of grooming to do,
LOL!
--
KathyZ

Old July 11th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

I'm in love! I totally want one. Never has a breed so caputured me like that
(I'm doing all kinds of research). lol! But, I've got two little terriers
that are enough for me for now, and loads of fun. But, someday I would love
to have one in the family.

--
Valerie

Old July 11th 07, 08:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

That pendant KILLS me, it's so gorgeous. I look forward to seeing what you
do!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net