What 'cha lookin' for??

Old November 2nd 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default What 'cha lookin' for??

Sorry Debra, I just saw your post. I have earth tones. I have enough
Thimbleberry type fabrics to make 20 quilts. I love florals and have a
bunch, but nothing to go with them. I love chintzy florals. I like Civil
War fabrics. I have some feed sack type fabrics too. Not many but some.

I think part of the problem is that I am fairly new to quilting and have
never gotten in the mindset of what goes with what. I mainly sewed garments
where I just needed one fabric for a top and that's all I bought.

Cindy

Mom and I had a similar thing going on with other colors. Mom is
solving her problem by buying a whole range of one color that will go
with something she already has. She recently picked up a range of
neutrals (pale gold through dark tan prints), to go with some florals
she already had. She usually buys 2 to 3 yard cuts, in sets of three
or four fabrics now.

I've got a whole other problem. My favorite fabrics are large bright
novelty prints. I have just about decided to make a brick quilt with
them eventually so I am not too worried about them. Bright over-dyes
are my next favorite and that is a good thing because they often work
well for my applique. Problem is, I have mostly bright colors, so I
guess I need to add some darker colors and some neutrals, but I'm not
sure what.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old November 8th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
David & Barbara Schmidt

I'm just now seeing this post, so I don't know what others are in need
of. I figure I'll wait and see likes when I get the directory. I need to
purge my stash of stuff I won't use.

Babs
Old November 8th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter quilter

David & Barbara Schmidt wrote:

I'm just now seeing this post, so I don't know what others are in need
of. I figure I'll wait and see likes when I get the directory. I need to
purge my stash of stuff I won't use.

Babs

you don't happen to have any Peter Rabbit fabric hiding in your stash,
do you??

Larisa, thinking that the next time somebody commissions her for a
quilt, they had better have all the fabric purchased because I'm tired
of hunting for it!!
Old November 8th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Larisa, does it have to be specific Peter Rabbit fabric or just any
Easter fabric with cute bunnies?

Sunny
(suspecting the former but with some fabric to send if it's the latter)

Old November 9th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter quilter

No, she specifically stated "Peter Rabbit - the pastels" GRRRR

Why did she wait until NOvember to start looking for fabric??? She
wants it done for Christmas..no way possible with my schedule right now,
unless she finds the fabric and gets it to me by middle of next week

Larisa

Old November 9th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Go to and type in Peter Rabbit:
http://www.quiltshops.com/search.htm
I have not purchased from any of them so I can't recommend one over the
other.
HTH

Butterfly

Old November 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
David & Barbara Schmidt

Toni-

I went back and was reading through this thread- I have some Mardi Gras
and Mardi Gras colors fabrics you are welcome to if you're interested
send me your snail mail address to d a v n b a b s @airmail.net

Babs