hi, I am an italian quilter

Old April 3rd 06, 10:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default hi, I am an italian quilter

Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??
... a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

my name is Nicoletta, and my husband calls me "tomata", as a feminine
tomato... an so it beens my logo today, is a little tomato, in fact I
stitch it as label for my quilts.
I prefere traditionals patchwork, I adore thimbleberries, my first love
in quilting... (can I tell this?)
well... I hope you forgive me for my terribly english...
An hope you correct me in my "strafalcioni" (bad mistakes)... in change
I could learn you a little italian for your next visit in my country.
Ciao,
nicoletta

Old April 3rd 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Nicoletta!

here the time zones vary a lot ;-) I'm in your time zone too as I live in
The Netherlands. With so many nationalities joining in we all turn a blind
eye to any mistakes made, with most of us knowing we can't speak *your*
language and would probably make a bigger mess of your language if we tried
to write in it LOL

I *love* your idea of using a logo for a quilt label!

I'm 36 so almost your age - but in my mind I am 25 LOL
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old April 3rd 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Nicoletta/tomata (wonderful pet name!)
Your English is much better than my Italian g I did start to learn
Italian once.
I live in the UK, so it is 12.15 as I write.
I like to design my quilts, and I have been quilting for about 12 years.
You will find many friends here who like to do traditional patchwork.
I have two school friends who live in Italy, but I have not visited
them. I have been to the very far north of Italy (Dolomites) that is
all.

I hope you will enjoy your times here.
..
In message . com,
pomodoro writes
Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??
.. a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

my name is Nicoletta, and my husband calls me "tomata", as a feminine
tomato... an so it beens my logo today, is a little tomato, in fact I
stitch it as label for my quilts.
I prefere traditionals patchwork, I adore thimbleberries, my first love
in quilting... (can I tell this?)
well... I hope you forgive me for my terribly english...
An hope you correct me in my "strafalcioni" (bad mistakes)... in change
I could learn you a little italian for your next visit in my country.
Ciao,
nicoletta

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 3rd 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pomodoro wrote:

Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??

Ten past twelve by the time I got the message... Just about time to
start heating up lunch!

... a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

I'm a leeetle older, but still 17 inside! Been quilting about five or
six years, after a lifetime of dressmaking.

my name is Nicoletta, and my husband calls me "tomata", as a feminine
tomato... an so it beens my logo today, is a little tomato, in fact I
stitch it as label for my quilts.

What a great idea!
I prefere traditionals patchwork, I adore thimbleberries, my first love
in quilting... (can I tell this?)
well... I hope you forgive me for my terribly english...

It's perfectly understandable, and once you have been here a while,
you'll notice you get more confident as well as better. While the group
is mainly of English speakers, we come from all round the world, and
there are quite a few who speak English as a second (or even third!)
language.
An hope you correct me in my "strafalcioni" (bad mistakes)... in change
I could learn you a little italian for your next visit in my country.

"strafalcioni" - what a glorious word!

Ciao,
nicoletta

Be very welcome! And do you have kids? Quilt inspectors? (usually
furry and four-footed!). And what about chocolate? Is Motta chocolate
still made? When I lived in Malta as a child in the sixties, that was
the luxury chocolate of choice! The boxes had marvelous pictures
printed on metal panels, and a place to fit a hook on the back, so you
could hang them on the walls once the goodies were eaten!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 3rd 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . com,
"pomodoro" wrote:

Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??
.. a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

my name is Nicoletta, and my husband calls me "tomata", as a feminine
tomato... an so it beens my logo today, is a little tomato, in fact I
stitch it as label for my quilts.
I prefere traditionals patchwork, I adore thimbleberries, my first love
in quilting... (can I tell this?)
well... I hope you forgive me for my terribly english...
An hope you correct me in my "strafalcioni" (bad mistakes)... in change
I could learn you a little italian for your next visit in my country.
Ciao,
nicoletta

Welcome, Nicoletta! Your English is very good -- and *much* better
than my Italian, which is limited to Buon Giorno and Ciao. Don't be
upset at being "almost 38" -- it's much better than the alternative, as
George Burns used to say. G I'm about 20 years older than you and
wouldn't go back for anything.

Do you have children? And what about chocolate? I tend to prefer
traditional styles of quilting, too, though I've done a little
experimenting (a *very* little! G) with a few other techniques.

Italy is -- I think -- about 8 hours ahead of us in time, but that's the
beauty of this group -- we can write whenever it's convenient for us!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old April 3rd 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ciao Nicoletta,
welcome here too.
I'm from Germany, so we have the same zone, I'm almost 10 years older
( but not in mind, as all of us ).
So please stay here and tell us more about your quilts.
There are other Italians here, Maria from Roma or Luisa from Genova.
So have a good time here.
Heidi from Germany
P.s. perfect screen-name :-))

"pomodoro" schrieb:

Goodmorniiiiing!!! I am an italian quilter, while I'm writing here in
Italy is morning, 11.30 am, what's the time there??
.. a little about me...
I'm 37 years old.. (almost 38.. sigh, but younger in my mind) I'm doing
quilting from 5 years.

my name is Nicoletta, and my husband calls me "tomata", as a feminine
tomato... an so it beens my logo today, is a little tomato, in fact I
stitch it as label for my quilts.
I prefere traditionals patchwork, I adore thimbleberries, my first love
in quilting... (can I tell this?)
well... I hope you forgive me for my terribly english...
An hope you correct me in my "strafalcioni" (bad mistakes)... in change
I could learn you a little italian for your next visit in my country.
Ciao,
nicoletta

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address
Old April 3rd 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

We are so happy to welcome you. The only Italian we can say will be words
like spaghetti, lasagna and pepperoni. Your English is very good. Polly

Old April 3rd 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Tomata! You've already taught me some Italian - I didn't know
Tomata ( :

Musicmaker

Old April 3rd 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Good morning, Nicoletta! Your English is great - much better than my
Italian. Your time zone is 9 hours ahead of my time zone - I am in
California, USA. My daughter is in Rome studying at the UC Center. Even her
Italian is much more advanced than mine! Where, in Italy, are you located?

You and I have been quilting for about the same length of time. I love
it!!!!! I have done a few quilts with Thimbleberries fabric - very homey and
comfortable!

Welcome to the group! You will like it here.........

Laurie G. in rainy California

ups.com...

Old April 3rd 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome Nicoletta! I love traditional patchwork too, but I also enjoy
drafting more complicated designs based on Italian mosaic floors. I've done
several pieces from Venice and hope to do more.
I know some American and Italian quilters in Rome -are you near there?
Roberta in D (Germany)

ups.com...