Ot on the manner people write and relate to facts...

Old September 19th 05, 12:04 PM

Jaenne Bonner wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Pat P wrote:
"Karen C - California" wrote in message
Lucretia Borgia wrote:

"articulateness" ??

Dianne's word, which I adopted in quoting her.

Although I don't have a dictionary here, Word Perfect's spellcheck
accepts
it as a valid word. I'm willing to accept your suggestions of
alternatives.

Karen C - California

Articulation, for goodness sake! LONG ago I was warned not to trust a
spellchecker!

Pat P

So much for her claim to fame as a proof-reader!

Relying on spell check doesn't cut it in the real world I've found.
Back when I was typing for a living (which, thank God, I don't do
anymore! LOL) I never relied on it for accuracy. It seemed like it
didn't recognize real words and allowed some really wild typoes
through!

I've been called "highly articulate" but that was my upbringing as much
as anything. You don't grow up with an English Teacher for a mother
without being able to use the language. Course, you also don't grow up
with a Math Teacher dad and be bad with numbers. Probably why I was
drawn to the Media Planning part of Advertising in college. Had to
write proposals for clients, and work with numbers!

Caryn

Or, you can be like some people who spell "pharaoh" as "pharoh." on their
website. Any spellcheck would have caught that.

Jaenne
--

Oh my!! Does my website have a typo? OMG! My world will certainly
end now!

Get over it you jeolous cow, at least my Kitty Pharaoh is 100% original
to me, and sells very well. The cover has Pharaoh spelled correctly,
what does one tiny typo on my website matter?

Caryn

Old September 19th 05, 01:53 PM
Lucille

wrote in message
oups.com...
Aunt Lydia's ?
Marie and the cats

That's the one. I absolutely could not remember it and that was most
annoying.

Thanks much--now I can relax.

Lucille

Old September 19th 05, 02:29 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

No Nicole!!!!

since I'm sure Mirjam just hit the wrong button I have decided to just

You are wrong , i politely sent this to your personal email ,,,
For somebody, so judgemental about other people`s linguistic
abilities, i am surprised that you used the word `sure`,
forward this message to this NG. I personally find it quite interesting.

I am delighted that you found it interesting, and that you thought
others may have fun reading it
Have fun

Ps, congratulations on your Elections Yesterday.
mirjam

Old September 19th 05, 02:33 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ah Nicloe
I forgot to mention that i forwarded the following sentence , to
several linguists...
Btw: Did you know that multiple exclamationmarks are a sign of a severe
lack of true arguements?

They really were amused, one suggested to add it to his next book , as
a new rule of the English lannguage.
mirjam
Old September 19th 05, 03:33 PM
Pat P

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Ah Nicloe
I forgot to mention that i forwarded the following sentence , to
several linguists...
Btw: Did you know that multiple exclamationmarks are a sign of a severe
lack of true arguements?

They really were amused, one suggested to add it to his next book , as
a new rule of the English lannguage.
mirjam

It was a new spelling of "arguments", too, Mirjam! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :-))

Pat P

Old September 19th 05, 09:59 PM
Jaenne Bonner

wrote in message
ps.com...

Jaenne Bonner wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

[...]

What on earth are you talking about? I'm referring to a pattern on my
website. Where is all this coming from? I've never even been to your
website.

Jaenne
--
Why is a raven like a writing desk?
(Answer: There's a "b" in both and an "n" in neither)

Old September 20th 05, 01:57 AM
Jaenne Bonner

"Jaenne Bonner" wrote in message
wrote in message
ps.com...

Jaenne Bonner wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

[...]

Caryn,

I just went to your website and looked at your patterns. Your Kitty Angel is
adorable and the Kitty Pharaoh is stunning. I might be interested in buying
it. What is it's price?

Jaenne

Old September 20th 05, 11:24 PM

I also haven't really read any posts from her that have been rude and
mean. Just fo the record...

take care
nicole

I finally gave up on trying to communicate with Mirjam when she called
me a hypocrite, mostly for daring to speak to her, and pointing out
that she had shown my message to her various friends, all of whom were
disgusted at me. Unfortunately, over the years I have witnessed Mirjam
getting into online fights with numerous people. Yes, people have
occasionally twitted her, but only after they got poked in the eyes
once too often. (Once she got into a huge argument with a Dutch person,
saying that she wasn't using her own language properly. She finally
drove the poor woman away, triumphant, and never entertained the idea
that beating someone into submission just might have cost her an online
friend.) I could go on and on, but it just isn't worth it. I have
certainly felt better since I stopped beating my head against that
particular wall, but I rarely visit the ng anymore; it just isn't worth
it. My choice, of course.

Lynne

Old September 21st 05, 04:07 AM
Brenda Lewis

I think they should play "Taking Care of Business" by Bachman-Turner
Overdrive. :-)

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:54:21 GMT, "Pat P"
wrote:
Oh - I`ve seen MUSICAL toilet roll holders, too! Yuck!

Lucretia Borgia wrote:
What do they play ? Whistle while you work ?

--
Brenda
NEW to Styx, classic to the world: Big Bang Theory
Old September 21st 05, 06:09 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Lynne!!
At least when you tell a story stick to the true facts.
thank you
mirjam