Here's Polly

Old September 3rd 05, 04:32 PM
Marcella Peek

Yahoo! It's so great to hear from you! So glad you and your family are
safe. Let us know if you need anything sent that would help out.

marcella

In article et,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

My precious friends, here I am. Don't dare spend much time online - the
phone lines are up just a bit but have to run the pc on generator and
running the well for water is critical.
Just to let you know that this is ME and not a hoax - the gators, I'm
told, were attending a thanksgiving prayer service at the Orange Grove
Baptist Church yesterday.
The bluff by the river where our children live is being protected by 2
Florida Highway Patrolmen on a blue and yellow 4-wheeler.
There are dear fellow from South Carolina on our road right now trying
to get the oak trees off the power lines.
I hear, but do not know, that the hospital has a refrigerated truck to
put body bags in. I don't know whose.
Our family is alive and still have homes or some parts of.
And we have such wonderful powerful dear hearts praying for us.
As ever, the out-of-state church groups and the Salvation Army are here
and feeding folks. The FEMA trucks are here handing out ice. Now, I ask
you, do I really want to walk 20 miles to get a sack of ice? And the Red
Cross is here taking up collections. (Sorry, I'll have to join anger
management sometime soon.)
I love you all dearly. Polly

Old September 3rd 05, 04:32 PM
recarlos

So glad you are safe, Polly.
All the news we get is about New Orleans and not so much about other
places.
It seems prayers do work.
Cheers,
Ruth
http://groups.msn.com/MyStitchedPictures

Old September 3rd 05, 04:32 PM
pajaritaflora

Polly Esther wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear that you and yours are safe and alive.

Mary Ann

Old September 3rd 05, 04:38 PM
Cindy Schmidt

HUGE sign of relief. Thanks for checking in Polly and we'll keep you're
seat warm for ya.

--
Cindy from MO

nk.net...

Old September 3rd 05, 04:40 PM
Betty in Wi

Oh, what great news! I've been reading the newsgroup many times a day hoping
to hear you were o.k.

Betty in WI

Old September 3rd 05, 04:40 PM
Kate Dicey

Polly Esther wrote:

[...]

YAYAYAYAYAYA! She got through to us!

Thank heaven you and yours are all relatively safe and whole. Keep us
posted when you can, and if we see a small mushroom cloud over NO, we'll
know you have gone off pop at some bit of stupidity in authority!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 3rd 05, 04:42 PM
Sandy Foster

In article et,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

Oh, Polly! How wonderful it is to hear from you! It was good to see
Pat's post just now, but this even beats that. I'm so glad you and yours
are safe and sound -- yup, even the gators! g As for the anger
management classes, don't worry. Just send those idiots to visit your
gators. Welcome back!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old September 3rd 05, 04:45 PM
Susan Laity Price

So glad you were able to post and relieve our anxiety. Can't wait for
a full report when you have time. Please let us know when mail and/or
ups is delivering.

Susan Price

Old September 3rd 05, 04:46 PM
Kathryn Walker

Thank Heaven! Happy to hear from you. [[[Polly]]]

Kathryn in Mi

Old September 3rd 05, 04:51 PM
Debi Matlack

We love you too, Polly. Let us know what we can to and what you need.
Anything all all, it's yours.

--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?