Here's Polly

Old September 3rd 05, 02:57 PM
Polly Esther

Default Here's Polly

My precious friends, here I am. Don't dare spend much time online - the
phone lines are up just a bit but have to run the pc on generator and
running the well for water is critical.
Just to let you know that this is ME and not a hoax - the gators, I'm
told, were attending a thanksgiving prayer service at the Orange Grove
Baptist Church yesterday.
The bluff by the river where our children live is being protected by 2
Florida Highway Patrolmen on a blue and yellow 4-wheeler.
There are dear fellow from South Carolina on our road right now trying
to get the oak trees off the power lines.
I hear, but do not know, that the hospital has a refrigerated truck to
put body bags in. I don't know whose.
Our family is alive and still have homes or some parts of.
And we have such wonderful powerful dear hearts praying for us.
As ever, the out-of-state church groups and the Salvation Army are here
and feeding folks. The FEMA trucks are here handing out ice. Now, I ask
you, do I really want to walk 20 miles to get a sack of ice? And the Red
Cross is here taking up collections. (Sorry, I'll have to join anger
management sometime soon.)
I love you all dearly. Polly

Old September 3rd 05, 03:05 PM
Flossy

Thanks goodness that you are all safe and well

Flossy
Malvern England

Old September 3rd 05, 03:07 PM
Roberta Zollner

Well, best news all day! Thanks so much for allowing us a few precious
electrons. And even making us laugh -ice? Who worries about ice in a crisis
like this? So glad to hear you and your family are well.
Roberta in D

nk.net...

Old September 3rd 05, 03:07 PM
Jessamy

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

NOW I AM RELIEVED!!!! so happy you made it ok !

pfffff now I can sleep properly again

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old September 3rd 05, 03:08 PM
Diana Curtis

The next big wind you feel will be the collective sigh of relief from
all of your friends at RCTQ.
Give my regards to the gators. We should have known the hurricane
wouldnt keep you or them down.
Major HUGS
Diana

Old September 3rd 05, 03:13 PM
bckwrds

Polly! I haven't been here on rctq long but you've become
special to me in a hurry like you are to everyone here. Thank
you for writing and letting us all know that you are ok and
that the gators are saying their prayers as well.

Let us know when the time comes if there is anything we can
do for you or your loved ones.

special hugs,

Donna
in WA

nk.net...

Old September 3rd 05, 03:16 PM
Patti S

Oh - Dear, Sweet, Wonderful Polly - our prayers were heard. You have no
idea how happy I was to read your post. I think I blew the morning
clouds away with my sigh of relief. Take care of you........

Love
Patti in Seattle

Old September 3rd 05, 03:19 PM
Queen of Squishies

SSSSHHHHEEEEE MMMMMAAAADDDDDEEE IIITTTTT!!!!!!!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 3rd 05, 03:21 PM
maryd

Seeing this post does my heart good. Continued prayers for you and everyone
affected by Katrina.

--
Mary

[...]
: