computer program for inventory, sales etc?

Old August 25th 05, 04:13 AM
frankg

Default computer program for inventory, sales etc?

does anyone know of a small program that can be used, by a couple who make
ceramics, to keep track of their product line - production, sales, raw
materials etc. Preferably something that has already been set up along these
lines for arts/crafts people.

thanks

Old August 25th 05, 03:50 PM

plain old excell or lotus could be set up to do that function. it
basically is a computer paper tablet.

whatever method you use by hand can be helped with a spreadsheet
program.

i used an excell spreadsheet to review what i CAN make, what the build
rate should be, scrap rates, etc, and correlate this to what the
selling price should be, and whether it would be worth while bothering
to make certain products. it was very helpful in showing me that while
i can make a bunch of things, it's not always prudent to bother SELLING
all these things...

i'm not familiar with the low budget accounting programs available such
as Quicken Books, etc. they SOUND like they should work, but i have no
idea if they do or how well. or they may be slanted to a different
industry instead of manufacturing.

see ya

steve

Old September 6th 05, 02:27 AM
Randy

Ron I am interested in building something in Microsoft Access or Lotus
Approach, but need the fields that would be used. If you don't mind
sharing the fields I can then build something for my personal use or
something I could share.