What Are You Working On??

Old June 8th 05, 06:35 PM
Roberta Zollner

Since you ask -finished quilting the nasty heavy bear (!), have the binding
cut, it will go on tomorrow morning.
WIPs: 1. another floor mosaic (San Marco, south transept).
2. 40 string blocks finished. I plan to cut them in half and make HSTs with
a dark blue solid and just set in rows, nothing fancy. I love scrappy
quilts!
3. A couple of tops still to be quilted, people want them for raffles and
auctions so I'd better get cracking!
4. (Really ought to be 1: fix the acrylic table!)
Roberta in D, lots of other projects on a back burner

"frood" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..
It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old June 8th 05, 06:41 PM
lisae

frood wrote:

Next, on to coffee cups. I've done a couple variations of paper-pieced cups,
and I'll do an applique one, as well.

I did an applique coffee cup quilt, using feedsack fabric. A very fun
quilt!
I am going to go a coffee pot quilt some day, using a coffee pot block
I purchased at a flea market for the pattern..

lisae

Old June 8th 05, 06:43 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

Sadly, nothing. Actually, that's by choice and necessity, both. g
I've been trying very hard to finish up projects so as to have time to
work on the things I'll be starting at camp next month (*four* new
projects there! What was I thinking???), and I think I've managed to
finish up everything except the binding on my Out of Darkness monster --
but the quilter still has that, so I'm off the hook there. G

In addition, I've been doing a *lot* of babysitting lately for DGS#4,
who will be a year old at the end of the month. That means very little
quilting gets done when he's here. G MIL is arriving next Monday, too,
so it's a good thing I've just finished making my sample blocks for the
Lemoyne star class I'll be team-teaching at our local circle next
Thursday.

Somewhere along the line, I really need to get busy on a charity quilt I
said I'd make, too! Yikes! G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 8th 05, 06:48 PM
Uschi

After spending that one weekend machinequilting my scrap quilt (about
one third done) I "overcompensated" and I am handpiecing diamonds.
Feverishly, like a maniac, I'm addicted...

Uschi
(and isn't it a nice addiction :-) )

Old June 8th 05, 07:00 PM
lisae

I am working on a wedding quilt (well really 1st anniversay) quilt for
a friend and his new wife. Simple quilt, cross in a square - sort of a
modified nine patch - in reddish brown tones. I am having a hard time
finding good browns. I am going to the quilt show in Monterey, CA this
weekend and hope I find some good browns there.

lisae

Old June 8th 05, 07:03 PM

I've got a sampler quilt done with the Guild layered and ready to
machine quilt, a Mariner's compass that I'm going to machine trapunto
with its first layer of batting in and needing trimming, a very bright
Courthouse steps made from blocks from a Friendship exchange, which
needs one more border; a completed flannel top waiting to be layered and
basted; and a full size Jacobean applique quilt being (slowly)
hanquilted. Sounds disorganized (you think?) but I prefer to claim that
it's multitasking. :-) Sonja in Red Deer

-

Old June 8th 05, 07:54 PM
Sally Swindells

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:29:43 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

Finishing off (I hope) the pale green sampler quilt (hand quilting the
remaining two borders). Machine quilting the trial garden lap quilt in
fits and starts and looking at the 'real' garden lap quilt which is in
Thimbleberries greens, reds and sort of mustard colours and deciding!
May keep the centre panels the width we did in the class I took rather
than extend them like I did in the trial quilt, and make the quilt
bigger with pretty borders.

Machine quilting the BOM blocks as I go along. In the evening I am
hand piecing Birds of Paradise quilt to be made into my sweatshirt
jacket. Have done just over half the pieced blocks, but have decided
on a slight deviation so have an extra couple to do.

I want to do something with a Mariners Compass on like the one I did
on the king size, but am holding myself in check until something is
completed!When this post comes round again I am likely to have exactly
the same reply (but with more BOMs to quilt!)

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
Old June 8th 05, 08:14 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

I just finished graduation quilt #1 (YEAH!).

The second quilt--for DS #1--is pieced and the back is ready. Time to
baste it and then get to quilting and binding.

A split 9 patch block swap is due later this summer. I've been
cutting along the way but need to do some sewing.

A challenge quilt top is due in September. I have what I believe to
be the fabrics for the top (already have the blocks which must be
included) so just need to get to it!

Mary
Old June 8th 05, 08:51 PM
Denise in NH

I'm working on a 9-patch and 1/2 square triangle floral quilt. I saw a
similar one hanging in a LQS and memorized the pattern. The 1/2 squares
are a light floral and a dark solid, and the 9 patches are 5 floral and
4 (reads as) solids. The 1/2 squares form kitty cornered stripes on
which the 9 patches sort of float. It was a very easy pattern, but
makes an impressive quilt, (at least to my non-quilting friends.)

I recently finished 3 charity quilts, and am almost done a moose wall
hanging. I'm also mass producing "Scrappy Sac" pocketbooks.

A couple of months ago the boomerang DS returned home and reclaimed his
old room which had been converted into my sewing room. At first I was
bummed, but I'm finding that I do a lot more sewing now that I'm
relocated to the livingroom. It's a large room so space isn't really an
issue, and having everything staring me in the face every day makes me
more apt to sew.

Denise

Old June 8th 05, 09:36 PM
Patti

Well, I have just reached the end of my (self-imposed) month devoted to
housework, gardening and decorating, with no sewing. So, last Wednesday
(1 June!) I settled down with paper, pencils, drawing instruments and a
small mountain of books to draw up my quilts for the year (June to
June). First will be the next 16 blocks of my Dear Jane. I'm doing
them in rounds of colour, starting with the centre (not sticking to the
original completely - I can only fit in 100 to keep it of a size to fit
the space it will be hung in g). This 'round's' colour is a very deep
red fossil fern.
Don't get any idea that results will be speedy though. Prolific I am
not g
..
In message , frood
writes
It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill