What Are You Working On??

Old June 8th 05, 04:12 PM
M Rimmer

In message , frood
writes
It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

I'm making a bedquilt for my 5yo daughter. It's butterflies cut from
1930s repros, appliquéd onto 12" WOW squares on point. It's based on a
1950s quilt that she liked in a book. I've just spent days cutting all
the wings and bodies from freezer paper and after I've caught my breath
I'll start the fun bit of picking all the fabrics from my stash - each
butterfly will be different.
--
M Rimmer

Old June 8th 05, 04:17 PM
Debra

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:29:43 GMT, "frood" wrote:

Well, I'm not prolific but I do manage some progress.

I'm working on my third Evil Sunbonnet Sue swap block. She is all
ready to stitch onto the background fabric now and time permitting
I'll get her in the mail.

I've put the binding on the bathroom WH and now I only need to add the
sailboat's mast and the fishing pole with dangling fish. Those are
not fabric items, so I have to couch them onto the fabric. Then it
will be ready to hang.

I'm still procrastinating on the math for DH's space quilt. I'm just
so afraid I'll mess up the math and cut the fabric wrong. I am
thinking about getting someone else to do the math. Someone with more
experience in quilt making. Someone like Mom.
Debra in VA
Old June 8th 05, 04:34 PM
Mary in Washington

I am trying to finish my niece's wedding quilt. She is not a girly
girl and loves the twisted stars (stack and whack) quilts so I am doing
on for her. Her wedding is all Hawaiian (even though she lives in
Idaho) so I did with Island Fabrics.

Other then that, I am trying to contain myself from starting something
new. Tomorrow, I have a large fabric order coming and can't wait.

Since joining this group, I have been so inspried that sometimes I
don't know where to turn. I really need to thank ALL of you ladies.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

Old June 8th 05, 04:39 PM
Anne in CA

frood wrote:
It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

I have, finally, I think, finished the top of my Mini RR. I'd like to
make a bigger quilt out of it but it says "no!" so now I need to
sandwich and quilt it. This one will definitely need a hanging sleeve
because it is too small to live anywhere but on a wall.

Also in the works is my quilt from Teri's Swap a Block swap. After
machine ditch stitching, I have been hand quilting -- a different
pattern in each block since the blocks are all so different. Yesterday I
got really ambitious and used an Alex Anderson "recipe" book, I drafted
a sort of cable-y thing for the sashing and have almost finished one of
the 4 horizontal sashes. This is a project that has no deadline or
destination (except for living on the futon in my sewing/guest room) so
there is no pressure to finish.

Next up will probably be something from my stash of 1930's repros
(Dresden plate?, grandmother's fan?) and/or something from my stash of
civil war repros (sampler of 1800's blocks from Block Base?)

And DH says he will fit out the closet in my sewing/guest room with wire
shelves and baskets -- but I have to find and buy them first.

Fun thread Wendy. Thanks for starting it.

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Old June 8th 05, 05:11 PM
marbles_2

I've finished my pizza wallhanging, and have forgotten all the ideas
that were swirling in my head while I was sewing the cover for my weird
shaped RV foam mattress. (I should learn to write this stuff down!)
However, with an Ugly Fabric contest looming, I'm thinking of that and
so far have hauled out all my quilting mags, pattern books, etc. and
struggled with inspiration. (Momentarily thought about doing a
convergence pattern but think this fabric is too wacko for that.) Last
night I used colored pencils and graph paper to envision these colors
in the Kool Kats pattern someone shared recently, but wasn't happy with
how they came together. Two of the fabrics would make lovely tea cups,
so I started thinking about that and suddenly I figured out I can make
four different coffee/tea cups with their steam coming into the center
in a Snail's Trail (like the Kool Kats pattern with the tails) and use
some tableclothy squares for the four corners. I think it would make a
nice tablecover for a tea party! Now I'm all excited but I have to go
to work. I think I'll take graph paper and colors to work!!! (If there
wasn't pizza sauce and stuff at my work, I'd bring the whole project
but I'd probably get it dirty! *S*)

Old June 8th 05, 05:12 PM
nana2b

Hi Wendy, While waiting for my house to sell I am channeling all that
energy into sewing and quilting. Yesterday I started a YBR quilt for my
Best Friend's Daughter. It is her Sweet 16. She has been crazy about cows
since she was a toddler. I used the stylized cows and brights. Deadline
July 25. I also finished the top of DH's Roy Rogers quilt. Now on the the
backing and quilting. For distraction a little machine embroidery thrown
in.

St. Joseph is in the ground, sign is up and the house is ready. If you want
to see the listing email me at lindakwiltsathotmaildotcom. After all your
prayers for the really important things, add one more for us.

Linda in Tx

Old June 8th 05, 05:17 PM
dogmom

Snowballs and nine-patch lap quilt for a 79-year old precious friend. I've
been through one cycle of "I really love this/UGH what was I thinking omigod
why didn't I make something *pretty*?!"...I'm sure I have at least one more
cycle, maybe two...

Dogmom
"frood" wrote in message
. ..
It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old June 8th 05, 05:38 PM
Sewingsue

Not as prolific as the rest of you.
However, sandwiching a quillow to take to my cousin when I visit next month.
Looking forward to a celtic class this Saturday. Putting off starting the
June RCTQ BOM!
Thinking I really need to find time to sort sewing room g
--
Sewingsue in Scotland
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...olar/my_photos

. ..

Old June 8th 05, 05:50 PM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Working on the alphabet quilt from Stars All Around book. I'm doing it
in muted patriotic colors from either the Glory or Glory Be collection.
(Can't remember which and too lazy to go downstairs to check.) It
will be a 'big boy' quilt for Sam, 3 year old step-grandson.

Ready to start a witch wall hanging from the latest Smith and Mulligan
(Milligan?) book. This will be store sample for our Christmas In July
event. It's mostly batiks in orange, purple and lime green. My kind
of witch!

Just finished tracing the 20 flower blocks for a 'redwork' quilt that
Mom and I are doing for the brass bed in my guest room. Rather than
red or blue, the floss is #3052, a soft sage green. The fabric for the
quilt (in my mind) will be soft greens and pinks and white. The blocks
go off in the mail tomorrow for Mom to do the embroidery. (Boy, do I
ever get the easy part of this project!)

Waiting to find out if DGC #2 is a boy or girl. I have heaps of fabric
(mostly pink!) sitting around, just awaiting the good word.

And other projects, too numerous to mention, including several punch
needle embroidery pieces.

joan

Old June 8th 05, 05:59 PM
the black rose

frood wrote:
It's been awhile since we've had this post, so here it is. I love reading
about what everyone is working on. I'm amazed at how much some people
achieve, but no matter how prolific, I am always inspired by reading about
other projects.

Thimbleberries Block of the Month Club quilt. The BOM makes 2 quilts,
Sunrise and Sunset, and June finishes the 6 blocks for Sunrise. So when
I was down at the quilt shop finishing the celtic knotwork quilt, I
bought the fabrics to finish up Sunrise. I'm working on that now. I
got the pieced lattices and the thin inner border done last night; next
is a pieced middle border, then another thin border, then a wider outer
border and it's done. It'll be large-lap-quilt-sized, 62" x 76" if I'm
reasonably accurate. So far, my intermediate measurements are on track
for that.

This evening I gotta embroider two jackets with the bike club logo, too.

Then I can get cracking on the applique roses quilt for my best friend.

I still haven't done the pieced RCTQ BOM. I think I'm tired of the
fabrics I'm using for it or something. That quilt will definitely be
given away.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human