Directory form is open for business!

Old March 4th 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Default Directory form is open for business!

Thanks J*. :-)

Dragonfly

"J*" wrote in message news:...
yup, dragonfly is okie dokie.
j.

"Dragonfly" wrote ...
Alice - I filled out the form with a "don't know" for the Directory
because
I used to be in it but haven't been for about 6 years or so...

I've been on r.c.t.q. since Dec. 1996 or Jan. 1997, although I basically
was
locked out when my ISP dropped usenet newsgroups around 6 or 7 years ago.
I've popped in from time to time via Google or another server since then,
but didn't find a reasonably reliable one again till this past
fall/winter.
Ask old-timers like Kate XXXXXX, Ragmopp (Sandy E), Musicmaker, Leslie &
the
Furbabies, NightMist, etc. if you need to verify who I am. I used to be
one
of the most active posters in the early 2000s. (What are we calling that
decade? The "aughts"?)

I've also been on the r.c.t.q. baseball swap list for about 8 years now,
and
have kept in touch with the "older" r.c.t.q.'ers there, many of whom also
have had their ISPs drop newsgroups (like Sairey)...I see Kathyl from the
BBS list is still here on r.c.t.q. and can vouch for me, too.

As soon as DS & I aren't sharing a computer, I'll be able to post more
here,
again! But I have tried to pop in at least once a week this fall and
winter.
:-)

!!! OOPS almost forgot why I started this post. I wanted the Directory in
spreadsheet format and had that radio button selected, but the
confirmation
page said "table". I went back and did it again but it still said "table".
Would be super-nice if I could get a spreadsheet again this year, though.
That's the format I used to get it in.

Thanks. :-)

dragonfly
(Pam)

"AliceW" wrote in message ...
The Directory form is good to go. I tested it and it is working as
expected. I didn't need to make any changes from the form we used last
time
which helped save some time.

Old March 4th 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Ok, good! I didn't know if you remembered me. So many names...and so many
years since I've been able to be here regularly. And I really should be
sewing costumes right now rather than posting.......!

Dragonfly

"AliceW in NJ" wrote in message news:...
Not to worry. I will make sure you get the right format. And I know
who you are! No need to verify.

Alice

"AliceW" wrote in message ...
The Directory form is good to go. I tested it and it is working as
expected. I didn't need to make any changes from the form we used last
time
which helped save some time.- Hide quoted text -

Old March 4th 10, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Only one thing to say, then:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((J*))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))!

I hope that, with time, you'll find your way back to who you want to be, and
the way you want to feel.

Dragonfly

"J*" wrote in message news:...
wish i could explain how i'm feeling so anyone would/could understand.
i dont have the right words.
j.

"Teleflora" wrote ...
Personally, I prefer the Excel version over the text. That way I can sort
everybody into order.

Cindy I know, Jeanne. Just messing with you.

"J*" wrote ...
i cant decide what to do.
j.

Old March 4th 10, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Yay, Jenn! Good to see some more familiar names, too. :-)

Sorry I couldn't remember everyone. I've slept at least 2,400 times since
then. ;-)

Dragonfly

"Jenn in Tacoma" wrote in message news:...
On 3/1/2010 10:20 PM, Dragonfly wrote:
And Piglet! (Megan Z.) Almost forgot her! And Butterfly. And NZLstar or
whatever she goes by now, J* I think? And Nann the librarian. Just a few
of
the many old-timers who will remember me....

Dragonfly

"AliceW" wrote in message ...
The Directory form is good to go. I tested it and it is working as
expected. I didn't need to make any changes from the form we used last
time
which helped save some time.

I remember you, Dragonfly!

--
Jenn in Tacoma

Old March 4th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

Default PING- Alice Directory form is open for business!

"ME-Judy" wrote in message
Help! I went online & filled out the form, clicked on submit..... and
then (due to storms & downed lines) the cable went out and I got a blank
screen and an internet connection that was totally gone (for the rest of
the day)...
I need to know if you got it ok.... I know how "grouchy" you can get when
someone submits multiple forms BEG
ME-Judy (one of the naughties, too)

"AliceW" wrote in message
The Directory form is good to go. I tested it and it is working as
expected. I didn't need to make any changes from the form we used last
time
which helped save some time.

So here's how it works:

Anyone who wishes to be in the Directory needs to fill in the form - once
please - even if you were in the last Directory! If you are new to the
group, the Directory is a listing of personal information from the group
members who choose to be in the Directory. It includes name, address,
birthday information (optional), email address, screen name, favorite
colors
(limit to 2) and favorite types of fabrics (limit to 2). This
information
is used to send "squishies", personal greetings and birthday wishes.

Entry into the Directory is based on length of active time in the group
and
number and type of postings. Since the information in the Directory is
very
personal, we are very careful to vet new entries. Everyone who is
accepted
into the Directory gets a copy emailed to them so a valid email address
is
required, and will be tested. If you do not make it in this time, please
hang in there so we can get to know you a bit better. The Directory is
revised around the beginning of every year. It is published in a
spreadsheet format (Excel) for those that like to sort the information as
well as an alphabetically sorted text file for those that just want a
list.
The form will provide you with a way to make that choice.

Once the form is closed (March 22), it will take about two weeks to get
the
formatting done and the email addresses tested. I will post reminder
messages every so often for those that don't get onto the group routinely
so, hopefully, everyone who wishes, gets to fill in the form.

Here is the link to the form:
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/Directory/index.htm

Enjoy!

Alice in NJ

Old March 12th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson

AliceW wrote:
The Directory form is good to go. I tested it and it is working as
expected. I didn't need to make any changes from the form we used last time
which helped save some time.

Might I suggest that the newest directory be titled:

RCTQ directory - 2010 - version 18

As of today there are two parcels which were sent to my old address,
which I have not lived at for 18 months, and which I now have to track
down. My old landlord's emails are bouncing, I have no idea if anyone
lives at this flat or if it is sitting empty, and I do not know if the
parcels are at the Dundee main post office or at the parcel depot in
Perth. I still do not feel well enough to drive, in order to get to
Dundee and make enquiries, and am still fighting off gastroenteritis.

I do think a lot of heartache could be avoided if each version of the
directory that is created has the YEAR it was created, somewhere in the
title.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old March 13th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Jo,

Hope you are feeling better soon. I agree, the year in the title will
make things a lot easier!

Debbi in SO CA

Old March 13th 10, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Excellent idea, Jo!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Dragonfly