Classic Color Combinations

Old August 29th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam (Dragonfly)

Default Gone to the dogs was Classic Color Combinations

On Aug 25, 10:13*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Pam! * You snuck right in here. *WELCOME HOME!!! *Us old timers remember
you. *What have you been up to these past years? *We need an update!

Leslie & The Furbabies (A Golden, a Golden mix and a GSD mix) in MO.

"Pam (Dragonfly)" wrote in message

On Aug 25, 3:18 pm, "Taria" wrote:

You need golden retrievers Sandy. Mine have hair that blends into the
carpet color and they are very similar to the laminate floor color. Now
there is a white cat and a black cat living here though and that
messes everything up. Yep, I'd put up with all the fuss to have my Lea
back too.
Taria"Sandy" wrote in message

In article ,
"Leslie& The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

But with The
HairyButt Gang keeping my home and clothing liberally decorated with
various
colors of hair, I think all dark colors should be outlawed for QI
owners.

Until our Dexter went to the Bridge last November, I couldn't find a
color that didn't show the dog hair! G Bisou is mostly white, with a
bit of red on her, and Dexter was black. Talk about not planning well..

Still, I'd happily put up with the problem again in order to have Dexter
(and Tuppence, another red/white) back again.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net

LOL Taria. You don't know me (long-time older member of rctq who has
had connection problems the past six years or so), but I brought my
dog (who looked like a Golden puppy, but really she was an Australian
Shepherd mix) to the model home to check out which carpet sample best
matched her coat. So my carpet has the same blond-with-a-hint-of-gold
that was in her coat. (She died of kidney failure in June 2006.) Our
current dog is the same color. Had to match the carpet, ya know!

Dragonfly (Pam)

Not much is new. Kids got older (DD is halfway through college, DS is
now a 6' hairy-legger halfway through high school).The practically-
perfect dog died from eating raisins, and we now have another. I
bought a house a little over five years ago. Been on the same job for
5.5 years now (a record for me!). Still single and wishing but no
bites. I've stayed in touch with some of the old-time r.c.t.q.ers on
the rctq Baseball Swap, as I'm a swapper there. So other than the kids
getting older, not much has changed.

Dragonfly(Pam)
Old August 29th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam (Dragonfly)

Default Classic Color Combinations

On Aug 26, 12:39*am, Patti wrote:
Oh they don't need to be *held* - it all just floats around in the air,
on all surfaces, in the wardrobe (whether they have been in there or
not), on the windows (why do they all sneeze?) ... ...
.
In message , Michelle C.
writesLOL! *My black cat doesn't really like to be held for long, so my light
colored clothes are mostly safe. *HOWEVER, he loves to sleep on my bed
and plop right up against the white pillow shams. *It's time to get the
masking tape out again and de-fur the sham and the quilt (although it's
not as noticeable on the quilt).

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

You've got that right, Patti! Walk through my house and you get dog
hair on you. It's turned up the oddest places!

Dragonfly (Pam)
Old August 29th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam (Dragonfly)

On Aug 26, 7:52*am, "Taria" wrote:
Hey Dragonfly. *We remember you. *Welcome back.
Australian sheperds are wonderful and smart dogs.
Matching flooring seemed the easy way to go.
We are fairly tidy around here but with long hair
critters there is always hair.
HOw you doing these days?
Taria

Pretty good, hanging in there. Don't know how the kids have gotten
older when I haven't!

Dragonfly (Pam)
Old August 29th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam (Dragonfly)

On Aug 26, 10:12*am, Sandy wrote:
In article
,
*"Pam (Dragonfly)" wrote:

On Aug 25, 3:18*pm, "Taria" wrote:
[...]

Hi there, Dragonfly/Pam! Welcome home! Long time no see! What have you
been up to -- any quilting at all?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

some blocks for swaps, mostly, in the last five years. My job has
really cut into my quilting time! I finished up the wallhanging with
the turquoise chips almost exactly five years ago...and I think that
was the last quilting I've done. I've made costumes and clothing,
mostly, since then. Will be making more blocks for some TreadleOn
block exchanges this fall/winter/spring.

Dragonfly (Pam)
Old August 30th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
"Pam (Dragonfly)" wrote:

some blocks for swaps, mostly, in the last five years. My job has
really cut into my quilting time! I finished up the wallhanging with
the turquoise chips almost exactly five years ago...and I think that
was the last quilting I've done. I've made costumes and clothing,
mostly, since then. Will be making more blocks for some TreadleOn
block exchanges this fall/winter/spring.

Dragonfly (Pam)

Gosh, having to eat and pay bills really does limit what fun things we
can do, doesn't it? :S Still, whether or not you're actively quilting,
don't be a stranger!

Old August 30th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Michelle C. wrote:
Thanks Taria!

Ikea, Dunelm Mills... Loads of places. Just don't stand them in the
sun or the sticky fails. With 2 cats in the house, we go through loads
of them. You might also want to look out for this type:
http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/lint_roller.html

Thanks Kate!

Michelle in Nevada

Old September 2nd 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Pat in Virginia" wrote:

Same thing happened in our family!! Amazing! PAT

It must be an epidemic! :O

Old September 6th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Now that I can get here again, hopefully reliably, I'll be hanging around
again. :-)

Dragonfly (Pam)

"Sandy" wrote in message
In article