What Are You Working On??

Old June 11th 05, 02:29 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I just got my Dresdan Plate Quilt back from the machine quilter. It is
lovely. You can see in Pix #1 in my Webshots Snigs Album.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"DrQuilter" wrote in message
slowly making progress on millenium quilt .... yes, still!
hand apliqueing dresden blocks
making roobbing peter to pay paul units using fusible method for my
brothers wedding quilt (I am missing some keys again, hence the lack of
apostrophe, question marks or closed parentheses, it is the right hand
side that is messed up this time.

unfortunately I took pics of WIps today to show you guys and something
happened to the card in the digital camera. I got a blue screen saying
there were no pics when I tried to delete one, and the date got erased and
the counter reset, so that it only displays the last pic I took with
number 1. if you hook it up to the computer the other pics (including many
of Sofi! seem to be there but corrupted. anybody had this happen to them,
it is an Olympus C7 thousand (no zeros either!

Taria wrote:

Hey Wendy, I won the set of blocks at my guild mtg. yesterday. Only 10
churn dash since it was a small turnout but it is fun to win anyway.
The quilt on my bed is from blocks I won several years ago.

I am kind of in a slump on projects right now so I have been quilting
tops for kids charity quilts. I have a feathered star going but about
14 (or 16?) blocks into the 20 I need I have hit the wall. I am sick
of all those little pieces.
I took Peggy Martins' class (NYB)last week so I have that calling to me.

http://peggymartinquilts.com/

I need something to wear for a shower so I pulled some wonderful
challis fabrics out for maybe a skirt or simple dress. I haven't
done much clothing construction in a good while so that could be
a challenge.
Guess I am having a tough time being focused this week. I'm hoping to get
inspired with what everyone else is working on!
Taria

frood wrote:

Ok, I'll go first! As I may have mentioned before (I'm only extremely
excited about this!), I'm in charge of my guild's Block Party committee
for the coming year. Each month, the Block Party hands out a pattern and
some fabric to make a block. Members add some of their own fabric, bring
back the completed block, and we raffle them off to 1 or 2 lucky
participants.

I've planned almost all of the blocks we'll use (I'm still waiting to be
inspired for a couple more months), based on a theme of Home Comforts.
In order to have samples completed for the September meeting, I had to
get started early! That meant.... fabric shopping! I wanted to make sure
that the samples and the hand-outs were the same fabric, so I had to
figure out how much each month would take, and buy all the fabric needed
at once. I did miscalculate Sept's fabric, so gosh, darn, I'll have to
go shopping again! ;-P

I've been paper piecing some candy corn blocks for Oct. I couldn't find
a free pattern I liked, so I drafted my own. Then I had to test it out,
and do some reversed blocks... now I have enough to put together a small
wall hanging to use as a sample!

Next, on to coffee cups. I've done a couple variations of paper-pieced
cups, and I'll do an applique one, as well.

By the time the Sept. meeting rolls around, I should be ready! My small
Bee group has offered to help make samples so I don't have to do it all
myself. But I'm having such fun, I may not need them! It really feels
good to be sewing again. :-D

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Old June 11th 05, 03:15 PM
Sally Swindells

Oh yes, it is pretty.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old June 11th 05, 06:31 PM
the black rose

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
I just got my Dresdan Plate Quilt back from the machine quilter. It is
lovely. You can see in Pix #1 in my Webshots Snigs Album.

Oh that's just lovely. I recognize the quilting pattern -- one of the
local long arm quilters here does that one. Can't remember what it's
called. Very pretty.

I've been mulling over the idea of making a Dresdan plate quilt from all
the scraps that are collecting beside my sewing cabinet, and yours is
inspiring me to consider the idea more seriously.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old June 11th 05, 08:39 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Yep. A few months ago, my camera snapped the card
it was holding; first everything was bright colors, then bright white,
then disappeared, camera said it couldn't find a card or images.
Local camera consultant says, "Yes. Sometimes the camera
will destroy a card, esp. when the camera takes a hit, like
a tiny lightning strike, could be static, could be ghosts g:
Zap! Bang! Snap! and all your pictures are gone.
Get a new card." g
I download the picture cards after every session, afraid now
that some treasures will *snap* and disappear. G
I love the digital camera world. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy --looking to upgrade camera

Old June 12th 05, 04:05 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Mine was made of scraps of feedsack fabric that I inherited from my Granny
Pete and my mothers stash when they passed away. Even the Muslin Background
was from a pile of "plain" feedsack fabric that they had saved. I had
originally planned to just sew the blocks together without sashing but a
piece of bubble gum pink fell off the shelf and I just figured my mother was
trying to tell me to use it. I think it turned out very well. The quilting
pantogram pattern is called "Chantilly" and seemed appropriate.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"the black rose" wrote in message
news

Old June 13th 05, 05:19 AM
DrQuilter

great quilting pattern. and I love the pink. I was thinking of a 30's
solid light green for the sashing..

Old June 13th 05, 05:20 AM
DrQuilter

well, DH ran to Best buy, got a card reader and together with some
software he downloaded from the web he rescued them all! then we
reformatted the card.... I had tons of pics of Sofi.... pffiuuuuu!