new pfaff foot

Old December 21st 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Default new pfaff foot

I had ordered a plastic 1/4" foot for my pfaff 2144 because I thought
that it would be easier to visualize turning points and seams butts,
etc. I picked it up today and I have found another benefit to the new
foot - it has flanges on both sides which make it ride along both feed
dogs - no longer will fabrics be moved along by only the left hand
feed dog when I am seaming. For anyone else who owns a pfaff - there
are several other new feet availabe this year, including a plastic
edge guided foot with a 5/8" clearance (general sewing) which I am
thinking would be a good one to use for decorative topstitched
finishes - I haven't checked yet whether the needle hole is 9mm or
single needle size.
jennellh
Old December 21st 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

Thanks jenn...I"ve often wondered why mylocal pfaff dealer didn't send out
cards to
pfaff owners informing them about new presser feet. I think they would make
a small
fortune on lots of people flocking to see what new thing they could do w/
their machines .

Old December 22nd 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

If you go to www.pfaff.com there is a "My Style" heading on the left
hand side of the web page - it is fairly new to the website and is
basically a monthly? catalogue of ideas and new items available.
Apart from this, there is all the possible pfaff information available
including downloads and upgrades for various machines. I have also
subscribed to their newsletter - I love customizing new feet to my
type of sewing/quilting ideas.
I asked my pfaff man whether business was 'good or bad' this year and
he admitted that it has gone down but he has the lease on his current
premises for another year........if not for the pfaff webpage, I
wouldn't have any idea of new products available and have had to
special order items. Don't be surprised if your local pfaff dealer
doesn't know about any new presser feet or other items, mine had no
clue that such things existed.
jennellh

"jennellh" wrote in message

I had ordered a plastic 1/4" foot for my pfaff 2144 because I thought
that it would be easier to visualize turning points and seams butts,
etc. *I picked it up today and I have found another benefit to the new
foot - it has flanges on both sides which make it ride along both feed
dogs - no longer will fabrics be moved along by only the left hand
feed dog when I am seaming. *For anyone else who owns a pfaff - there
are several other new feet availabe this year, including a plastic
edge guided foot with a 5/8" clearance (general sewing) which I am
thinking would be a good one to use for decorative topstitched
finishes - I haven't checked yet whether the needle hole is 9mm or
single needle size.
jennellh- Hide quoted text -

Old December 22nd 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

My favorite foot! My 2042 came with one (in metal) when I bought it about 8
years ago.
Roberta in D

Old December 22nd 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I used their metal 1/4" foot for a long time until they made the metal
one with a side guide (gives a scant 1/4" seam) - I have been using
the new plastic one because there is greater visibility to find the
pivot point on inside corners, etc. I will still use the metal
w'guide for sewing seams though. They also have a plastic 1/4" foot
w'guide but I had to make a decision about which ones would work best
for me. A couple of the other new feet that I have acquired this year
are the candlewicking foot and chenille foot. jennellh

Old December 22nd 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On many machines that have zig-zag you can move the needle to the right and
use any foot for the 1/4 in. seam with the edge of the foot for your guide.
That prevents the problem of having only one side of the feed dogs feeding
the fabric. Just use the straight stitch setting and then use the zig zag
stitch width adjuster until you have the perfect scant 1/4 in. Some 1/4 in.
feet give you an exact 1/4 in. seam and moving the needle a teensy bit to
the right will give the scant to it.

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 22nd 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Hi Leslie - the pfaff 1/4" feet that I am referring to have a single
needle hole so needle position isn't an issue - any of the regular 9mm
pfaff feet could be adjusted for use as you suggest but I do like to
use the single needle plate and feet for quilting purposes - I like
the edge guide for the simple reason that my vision is not always as
it should be because of my allergies and the guide helps to keep me on
track. Now I am off to my sister's to set up their new pvr!! I
finally persuaded them to take the plunge......jennellh

Pfaff 7550 countrymom Quilting 8 June 12th 08 04:00 AM
Pfaff 130 HELP!!!! SewMama Sewing 0 July 31st 06 10:24 PM
Pfaff 1/4" foot! Nann Hilyard Quilting 12 October 1st 05 01:35 AM
Which Pfaff Machine for Me? Ida Boyens Sewing 6 November 17th 04 01:17 AM