Pfaff 7550

Old November 4th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
countrymom

Default Pfaff 7550

Hi.New to the group and hoping someone out there can help! I have a
used pfaff 7550 that is great for piecing and quilting! I rarely use
the embroidery and can't remeber how to wehn I need to.

1. Can I program in a word (instead of each indvidual letter)
2. How do I tell the machine to stop after doing the word once

Thanks so much!
Countrymom

Old November 4th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Hello, Countrymom. It could be that all of our Pfaff quilters are in
Houston for the big show. Until real help gets here, I looked in my Pfaff
manual but my Pfaff didn't do letters. Hurricane Katrina sunk the Pfaff in
about 30 feet of slime. Anyhow, the sewing machine probably has a button
called 'single pattern' or 'pattern end'. Something like that. If you
don't have a manual with your machine, I believe you would benefit from one
and might be able to locate one over at ebay. And just a silly - if you
can't get it to stop, you could always unplug it. Sorry. Just couldn't
help myself. Polly

"countrymom" asked Hi.New to the group and hoping someone out there can

Old November 4th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

In message .com,
countrymom writes
Hi.New to the group and hoping someone out there can help! I have a
used pfaff 7550 that is great for piecing and quilting! I rarely use
the embroidery and can't remeber how to wehn I need to.

1. Can I program in a word (instead of each indvidual letter)
2. How do I tell the machine to stop after doing the word once

Thanks so much!
Countrymom

You can stop the sewing after doing the word once by pressing the pink
button second from the right. You have to press that before you stitch
the word
You can program a word but I have forgotten how to do it.
Do you have the manual.
I have been using my 7550 the past week but it is quite sometime since I
did words

Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old November 5th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Hi countrymom, the first thing to do to program a word is to 'Open' one
of the memory tabs. The machine has M-memory or P-memory - press the
'M' memory button on the front of your machine - this opens a window
with a numbered list of memory pages - click on any one of them that is
not being used already - a new window opens on your machine viewing
screen. Use this as your base - open up the rom memory (rom or ram
buttons) and then go into the Alphabet mode - - decide which style you
want to use and start to add your letters - there is also a space bar
included if you want to make a complete sentence. As you select each
letter - it should be transferred to the memory page and you will see
it form a word as each letter is added. When your word is completed -
look for the sewing machine symbol at the bottom of the screen - touch
the button beneath that symbol and your word is transferred to the
machine ready for sewing.
For single stitch or motif - look for the single pattern/stitch button
on the machine front and engage it before sewing your word/sentence.
You will have to disengage this command when finished single
pattern/stitch sewing to return to regular sewing mode.
Do you have a manual for your machine? If I have said rom when I
should have said ram - I apologize - I haven't used my 7550 for more
than a year. If you need more help - let me know and I can pull out
the manual to find an answer for you.
jennellh (change the mail to news)

Old June 10th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
milinkoi

milinkoi had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Re-...550-29164-.htm :
Hi,

May you please send me manual to

countrymom wrote:
Hi.New to the group and hoping someone out there can help! I have
used pfaff 7550 that is great for piecing and quilting! I rarely
use
the embroidery and can't remeber how to wehn I need to.

1. Can I program in a word (instead of each indvidual letter)
2. How do I tell the machine to stop after doing the word once

Thanks so much!
Countrymom

-------------------------------------

Delivered via
http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 102272 messages and counting!
Old June 10th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
milinkoi

milinkoi had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Re-...550-29164-.htm :
Hello,

May you please send me manual ?

Regards
Milinko

Old June 11th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

The 'original' messeges were sent in November 2006!

I thought the internet was quick?!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old June 11th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

That's funny. Someone must have been reading archived messages.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old June 12th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mystified One[_3_]

funny thing is, I have a 7550. I can recommend a great Yahoo group that is
exclusive to that machine. Just don't spend much time there. Too busy
these days.

ers2...

pfaff 1016 Brian Christiansen Quilting 5 October 8th 05 06:08 PM
pfaff 1016 Brian Christiansen Quilting 0 October 8th 05 07:02 AM
Which Pfaff Machine for Me? Ida Boyens Sewing 6 November 17th 04 01:17 AM
I am a new Mother of a Pfaff QuiltShopHopper Quilting 8 February 29th 04 08:50 AM
Pfaff questions Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 1 July 11th 03 02:42 AM