bind off/cast off

Old March 14th 05, 01:27 AM
Dianna

Default bind off/cast off

This might be a dumb question......
but, is there a difference between "bind off" and "cast off", or are they
the same thing?

Dianna
www.loulou2.blogspot.com

--
"be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss

Old March 14th 05, 01:54 AM
CHEX

Cast off, bind off same thing just as you suspected, but better to ask
than to wonder.

Old March 14th 05, 12:52 PM
Yarn Forward

Same thing, different language. (One British, one American)

Roger.

Dianna wrote:

This might be a dumb question......
but, is there a difference between "bind off" and "cast off", or are they
the same thing?

Dianna
www.loulou2.blogspot.com

--
Yarn Forward
Your Trusted Internet Yarn Store
http://www.yarnforward.com

Old March 14th 05, 02:57 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

FWIW, even though I was taught to call it "cast-off" way back when I
learned to knit, I switched to "bind off" when learned that term through
machine knitting. I just never did like the associations of throwing it
away that come with the term "cast-off"!

Dianna wrote:

This might be a dumb question......
but, is there a difference between "bind off" and "cast off", or are they
the same thing?

Dianna
www.loulou2.blogspot.com

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org

Quick Bind ALZ Quilting 7 September 28th 04 12:25 AM
Two quilts ready to bind! Yay! AliceW Quilting 3 June 10th 04 01:13 AM
Getting ready to bind question Roberta Zollner Quilting 1 May 7th 04 10:18 PM
Stumped by shaping instructions in a pattern Karen in MN Yarn 24 January 5th 04 12:53 PM
Rings That Bind ..Mickie Swall.. Quilting 6 November 29th 03 04:09 AM