ATTN Carol Doak

Old November 13th 03, 01:36 PM
Karlee in Kansas

Default ATTN Carol Doak

I don't know how often you get to read this ng with your busy schedule, but
I thought that you would like to hear this (and I have a question for you)
so ahem here goes (pardon my nervousness....its not every day that I get
to converse with a celebrity)

I read other quilting groups too (I'm hopelessly addicted to quilting and
love to read about it), and on one of them, you, yes YOU are a hot topic
right now. There is a big discussion on PP and people are raving on about
your technique and how fabulous it turns out. That said, onto my question
of sorts....I mostly lurk there....I've only posted once that I can think
of so far, and it was far 'nuff back that I don't even remember what the
thread was. I'm going to be delurking there soon, and was wondering iffin
I could open up my big yap and tell em that I "know" you, and that you are
just as much fun on the NG as you are on tv.....

Nervous hugs,
Karlee in Kansas
Queen of Packrats

P.S. Hi to everyone that *isn't* Carol but decided to read this anyway
wink

~~
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Old November 13th 03, 02:01 PM
The Brown Family

Karlee, do you really KNOW her? If not, can't you just say she posts on
the newsgroup from time to time and she seems really nice. Seems like
you're putting her in an awkward position to me......but hey, you didn't
ask....just giving my opinion.

Lorraine

Old November 13th 03, 02:23 PM
Diana Curtis

I think you could get as big a thrill out of mentioning she and you both
post here... get those other quilters good and jealous! LOL and .. who
knows.. they might just migrate over! They might not be able to resist the
chance to talk with her themselves. :-)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
rs.com...

Old November 13th 03, 03:10 PM
Carol Doak

Hi Karlee:
because although I do "work" in the quilting field, the bottom line is I am a
quilter just like everyone else on the NG and simply enjoy chatting with other
quilters. Being a teacher, I am delighted when I can offer advice to other NG
members that might add to their enjoyment of this wonderful thing that we all
do. And because my "job" takes me to many places, I have the added bonus of
getting to meet many from the NG in real life.
Of course being nationally known by quilters through my books, magazines and TV
appearances for what I do often puts me in the spotlight, but the bottom line
is I am simply a quilter who is passionate about what I do to the point that it
has become my career.
So, please consider me just one of your fellow members on NG and I would feel
comfortable having you pass that information along.
All the best,
Carol

http://quilt.com/CDoak
Old November 13th 03, 04:10 PM
Teresa in Colorado

Does this mean that Carol is fair game for a stash raid? VBG
--
Teresa in Colorado

The Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Sales, Service, Supplies, and More
www.thepresserfoot.com

Old November 13th 03, 04:11 PM
frood

Stash raids are the great equalizer!

--
Wendy, revving up the flaming pirate stash raiding mobile
de-fang email address to reply

nk.net...

Old November 13th 03, 04:21 PM
Sandy Foster

In article et,
"Teresa in Colorado" wrote:

Does this mean that Carol is fair game for a stash raid? VBG

Maybe, though she did just send out an amazing amount of fabric for
people to use for charity quilts, so maybe we'd better take it easy on
her.

--

"Carol Doak" wrote in message

So, please consider me just one of your fellow members on NG and I would

feel
comfortable having you pass that information along.
All the best,
Carol

http://quilt.com/CDoak

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old November 13th 03, 04:23 PM
Diana Curtis

She has fabric doesnt she?????
Diana, guessing Carol puts her pants on one leg at a time, and revving up
the Stash Raidermobile.

Old November 13th 03, 04:34 PM
Carol Doak

LOL, Teresa. I already did that. Earlier this year when I felt the need to
purge my fabric collection of fabrics that were dated and I would not be using
in published projects, I offered fabric to NG members who were doing charitable
projects. When I posted the offer, I had no idea just how much fabric I would
be mailing all over the world. Even my friends at the Post Office inquired when
they saw me bringing in big boxes everyday for about a week. It was definitely
one of my "blonde" moments, but worth the effort to put fabric in the hands of
giving NG members.
All the best,
Carol
http://quilt.com/CDoak