coming up to breathe

Old January 4th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
offkilterquilter

Default coming up to breathe

Hi again!! I am still sorting thorugh the paperwork for taxes -
medical, RX, dental, trying to read and understand the new tax laws that
went into effect, etc. I am also trying to get DHs paperwork for his
next semester filled out and sent back in so that he can start getting
his new course books, etc. Add to that the fact that he is now having
twitching problems in his eye (happens when he isn't getting enough
potassium), which led him to ask if I could get him multivitamins
(something I've been trying to get him to take ever since we got
married), oh, and the fact that DS is having typical adjustment problems
going back to school after nearly 2 weeks off.....I needed to check in
and breath for a bit.

I have also started back with the church choir (first time back was last
night - I forgot how much I missed music!!!), but that doesn't take a
huge amount of my time.

To keep myself relatively sane, I have started working on the quilt
projects that I had marked down for January and March....Feb's will take
a little more time as I have to track down all the templates again sigh.

For March, I had jotted down 2 stained glass banners for church friends
of mine. They have 2 daughters, Faith who is extremely disabled, and
Hope, who is a newborn, but showing all signs of not having any
disabilities at this time. The banners will, of course, be "Faith" and
"Hope", donw in bright colors as opposed to the darker colors that the
patterns show. I had to use the "o" from the "Joy" pattern combined
with the "o" from the "Hope" pattern because I didn't want to have an
anchor on Hope's banner. I think it will look okay when everything is
said and done - right now, I just have the muslin foundations marked and
cut out, complete with seam allowances (forgot that the first time I
tried to make these banners!!).

I have also started on January's project - a banner for a friend dealing
with her business. It has a LOT of paper piecing, which is why I
started on the other project (the banners are fusible applieu so they
aren't as stressful). Right now, I have 2 blocks halfway finished,
which I guess can be translated into 1 whole block...lol. DH came to
tkae a look at what I have finished so far and HE really likes the
larger of the 2 blocks (he is not one to generally give his opinion
about my quilting "stuff", so apparently this one really appealed to
him). Said he would reserve judgement on the other block because he
isn't quite sure what the final effect will be based on the bit he could
see...whatever....*I* can tell it is a musical not, but then again, I'm
a musically inclined person, and I am the one making the block...lol.

So, that's where I am right now, still a bit off my rocker, but I think
that is just the normal state of things these days....still working on
quilty things in the down time, not playing piano as much these days,
though now that I am back with the choir, I can practice my parts at
home instead of squeaking through them with only one practice each
week...lol.

Larisa, off to defrag the computer and start filling in DH's college
paperwork

Spring is coming woopi OT roxan Beads 8 March 12th 04 03:46 AM
Galvanised beads-coating coming off ArtistSS Beads 6 February 26th 04 11:28 PM
AD - new beads up for auction today - and another set coming soon! Kandice Seeber Beads 7 January 14th 04 03:29 PM
AD: Sylvie Lansdowne Head Over Heels workshop coming to Berkley, MI Dawn Christ Beads 5 July 4th 03 04:14 PM