OT - Long - We The People

Old September 3rd 05, 11:43 PM
Sherry Starr

Default OT - Long - We The People

I thought this was very good, considering everything going on.

Sherry Starr

We The People..... Of The United States

This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The
following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Aye from GA.
This guy should run for President one day...
"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone
get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our
nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt
free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby
try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for
the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal
bed-wetters.
We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are
confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of
NON-Rights."

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any
other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but
no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is
based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You
may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but
the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a
screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful, do not expect the tool
manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans
are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in
need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after
generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the
creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be
nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in
public health care.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If
you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if
the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you
rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be
surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where
you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of
leisure.

ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to
have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you
to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training
laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means
that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot
easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created
by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are
from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came
from! (lastly....) NOW..

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or
heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet,
you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith
at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of
our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!

If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing
tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it's about time common
sense is allowed to flourish. Sensible people of the United States speak out
because if you do not, who will?

Old September 3rd 05, 11:58 PM
Gardenquilt

I guess I find this mindset particularly offensive, especially in light of
the terrible conditions created by Hurricane Katrina. Here's a great
comment to be found at the following blog

http://1thirteen3.blogspot.com/

Thursday, August 04, 2005
Propaganda Pure and Simple - So Stop It
I am weary of getting emails that purport to be opinions of some guy that is
fed up and lists grievances with simplistic responses. They always feed to
stereotypical behaviors that just aren't true. In every one of them is
hidden a message that will over time become popular knowledge, but is
completely false - like the link between Osama and Saddam.

Following my opening statement is one of these pieces of garbage and my
rebuttal to it. If you are concerned about the direction our country is
going - toward a fascist state - then stop passing on these things. They are
garbage, they are not amusing and they are ultimately dangerous.

The stinger is always at the end. So this one perpetuates the myth that the
United States was founded as a Christian Nation. Just is not so. If you
believe it is, get yourself an old history book and re-educate yourself. It
was founded precisely as a secular Nation. Say to yourself several times.
Secular Nation. The State is to have no role in establishing or promoting
any or all religions; that is left to each citizen. In fairness the State
has no role in discouraging religion either.

So here it is, it is a bit rough, but these things really get my "dander"
up.

"This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The
following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Aye from GA.
This guy should run for President one day...

Heaven protect us from having another President this stupid. The poster
needs to get some new friends that will send him emails that don;t make this
one look like "the best". As far I can tell there is no State Representative
Mitchell Aye, but I am still looking. All the Google references are to this
post. I have an email into one (from Georgia) that lists this as an
editorial and may be the original source.

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone
get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our
nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt
free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby
try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for
the terminally whinny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal
bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of
people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill
of NON-Rights."

Where do I start? He says "avoid more riots". I guess he means like the ones
in the 1960's. There is a definite racial overtone to much of the statements
here and I suspect that is a reworked version of something form that era.

He thinks people may be a bit confused by the Bill of Rights and he seems to
be right. At least one person we can document is the writer of this. With a
little stolen verbiage from the Declaration of Independence and the
organizational style of the unanimity Constitution, he comes up with 11
"Non-rights". He fails to understand that rights can be "from' something not
just "to" something. Right to bear arms. Right from excessive bail, and
cruel and unusual punishment. Last the Bill of Rights are amendments to the
constitution that were required for passage by the people of the
constitution. We all on the same page now?

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any
other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but
no one is guaranteeing anything.

This ia an old "Welfare Queen" myth. Reagan changed that to saying that
people needed to be able to keep their hard earned money. Ignorant notion. I
work earn money and I should be able to keep it and let someone else pay for
the roads I drive to get to work and the system that allows me the freedom
to work and get paid for it, and for the defense of that system, Well that
lack of guarantee includes the notion that your money is yours and you
should be able to spend it anyway you want. Money Bucko, is printed and
owned by the collective of the American People called the Government. When
you can print and back a currency, then that is "your money" and good luck
on what you can purchase with it.

Until then, we live in a country built upon the idea that there are no
guarantees, but that all people should be provided with basic food and
shelter, and if that means using some of "your money" to achieve that then,
how do you day it ? "TOUGH!!!!". I guess morons like you would rather that
"your money" go to Prisons where it is really expensive to completely house
a person.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is
based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You
may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but
the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

That is right and remember that next time you run into a Gay Pride Parade.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a
screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful, do not expect the tool
manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

While it is true that life is full of danger, that does not relieve
manufacturers from the responsibility to not make products that they know
are dangerous.

Every time someone buys into this Tort Reform crap it gets a little easier
for unscrupulous manufacturers to cut every corner when it comes to safety,
take the money and run. So Bucko, the next time a kid dies from some greedy
******* who makes dangerous toys, I hope it ain't yours. Or when a SUV rolls
killing the woman aboard it ain't your wife. But if it is, just remember not
to fret, Life is full of mishaps and they really should have been more
careful.

I mean what are a few lives when it comes to allowing Corporate America to
pay you sub-standard wages and then turn around and take that money back by
selling dangerous inferior products. That is the American way right?

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans
are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in
need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after
generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the
creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

Welfare Queen again. Anyone who is still stupid or ignorant enough to still
buy the idea that there is this class of mostly people of color who are
draining huge amounts of tax dollars living high on the hog without working,
I have land in ever warming, increased intensity hurricane susceptible
Florida to sell you. The biggest drain off of the Government Teat, is
Corporate America. Between tax dodges, subsidies, grants, and price
protection (drug companies) your tax dollars go into the pockets of those
who can afford most and pay the least. If you are still in denial, why do
drugs cost less everywhere in the world than the Good old USA where they are
made?

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be
nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in
public health care.

Well, Bucko? I guess you do not use health insurance or Medicare? Oh, yes, I
forgot you "paid" for that. I will be sure to notify the proper agencies to
cut you off when you spend all of "Your Money". You are an Idiot. Just let
all them poor lazy "couch potatoes" be sick. There are new stains of
antibiotic-resistant diseases today because we let our public health be
determined by the "Health if You can afford it" insanity promoted by people
like you. We live in a common community, what hurts one, undefended, hurts
us all. Got it.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If
you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if
the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

Life is imperfect and death awful permanent. I give you this one with one
exception. When we kill an innocent person - which we have - lets have a
national lottery to pick one of us to die for that murder.

You willing to put your name in that pot? No, I did not think so. Funny how
we think when it is other peoples lives we are taking. You know Pro-Life is
pro-all life.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you
rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be
surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where
you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of
leisure.

Yep, them prisoners just have the life of ease, don't they. Tell you what,
for your next vacation, lets send you to the Club Correctional Institution
where you can enjoy that color TV and Life of ease, all absolutely free. You
can make a lot of really close new friends, also.

VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a
job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take
advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid
before you to make yourself useful.

Yep, that is those people of color things isn't. All those "Couch Potatoes"
that use Affirmative action to get paid to go to school and never show up
for classes, then expect to get a good job and won't work. Did your brain
stop accepting information in about 1952?

Don't worry though the current government will do all they can to make sure
that all those opportunities of education and vocational training for people
who really don't deserve them are stopped. Yep that is what we need is a lot
of unemployed people without money (Article I) having to steal (Article
VII )to eat and get placed in really comfortable (Article VII again)place to
live while you work to pay for that. Real good plan, Bucko, I want you for
my President.

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means
that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot
easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created
by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

See it is real easy to say vague things like this which really have no
meaning. Which "idiotic" laws? The ones that require safe cars and seat
belts? And exactly how are we confused by the Bill of Rights? You throw a
lot of garbage out there without really saying anything.

I don't know of any educated person that does not understand the "Pursuit"
principle but that is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution. It is
in the Declaration of Independence - you know that document that was studied
in school as you slept in class. No where in the bill of rights is there a
provision for happiness - pursued or otherwise. So it seems that it is you
that are confused.

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are
from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came
from!

I agree with English being the language of the United States, and people who
live here as citizens should be required to learn English, but not the "go
back to wherever you came from!" Xenophobic crap. Again not in the bill of
rights.

(lastly....)

Drum roll please, here is the whole reason for this post. You have been
softened up by every cheap stereotypical predjudice there is and now the
Choir sings.

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or
heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet,
you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith
at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of
our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!

It would help if you would get an education before you spout off as if you
know anything. Opinions are fine and as opinion this is as good as the next
persons, but it is ignorant and uninformed. This country was NOT founded
upon the belief in one true God. Period. It was founded as a secular nation,
and still is, despite attempts by religious zealots who want everyone else
to live by their religious beliefs.

It is easy to say things like this until you look at history and see the
turmoil and destruction that religion in government brings. So if you are
willing to gamble your freedom on letting someone else impose their religion
on you, welcome to the modern Inquisition, and I hope the first red hot
pokers and burning at the stakes are for you, Bucko.

------

Old September 4th 05, 12:09 AM
Sherry Starr

I am NOT trying to start something. This was actually sent to me by a
friend of mine who lost his home in Biloxi. He and his family are in
Asheville, NC staying with friends. His newly wed daughter and her husband
lost their home in Biloxi. He thought it was very appropriate at this time.
I am not trying to offend anyone. Let's all take a deep breath.

Sherry Starr

Old September 4th 05, 12:37 AM
Elizabeth Wilson

I am exercising my constitutionally-guaranreed right to freedom of speech.

Why should he run for president? He sounds worse than George W. Bush who, in
my opinion, is about as bad as they come. I truly resent being called a
bed-wetting liberal just because I believe the current government has moral
(not religious) obligations to care for its citizens. Can you tell me how
the current adminsitration is attempting to secure a debt-free liberty for
our great-great-great grandchildren when they have incurred the largest
budget deficit in the history of the country fighting a war based on lies
while ignoring the infrastructure of our country (Oh wait! Halliburton and
KBR will get non-bid contracts to rebuild what Katrina destroyed).

Elizabeth Wilson in Spring, Texas

Old September 4th 05, 12:51 AM
nzlstar*

you'll get my vote, Eizabeth.
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Elizabeth Wilson" wrote...

Old September 4th 05, 02:38 AM
ALZ

Well, you may agree with his sentiments, but he didn't say them,
someone else did.
http://www.snopes.com/language/document/norights.htm
Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old September 4th 05, 02:51 AM
Quiltshophopper

Gardenquilt, I am voting for you in the next election.

My, this group is full of very strong opposing opinions. I quilt with
people locally and online who at first seem as nice and smart and fun as you
would ever want to meet, until the subject of politics comes up. Then, the
sparks fly and I seriously worry about the IQ and sanity of those who make
statements like Sherry Starr did.

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help

everyone
get along,

It's strange how the person who wrote this expects that randomly slamming
all those who disagree will somehow help us all get along. Does the author
have friends who are gay, poor, black, ill and unable to buy meds, a new
immigrant, on disability, etc? It seems the author fears what he/she can't
or won't understand.

Is the author of pure Native American Indian blood? Did the author have
ancestors who did not speak English when they first arrived, or did his/her
ancestors speak English and slaughter those who didn't to take the country
away from the Natives. Either way, it seems so strange to me that the
author is pleased to enjoy the benefits of living in a richly diverse
multicultural country, but treats those who do not speak his/her first
language with contempt. How arogant. Who would be left here if everyone
who had a foreigner in his/her heritage had to go back where they came from,
possibly to a place where English is not spoken.... It's just a stupid
statement.

Jeez, people.

Old September 4th 05, 09:35 AM
Charlie

"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
I thought this was very good, considering everything going on.

Sherry Starr

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you

are
from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came
from! (lastly....) NOW..

Yup, gotta say I'm with you on this one. I'm simply fed up of trying to
explain things to people at wwork when they do not comprehend basic English.
I don't mine them being here, but jeez, make an effort! I now live in a
bilingual country, and I'm trying my damn hardest to learn Welsh!

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or
heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet,
you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no

faith
at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of
our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!

I remenber having abuse shouted at me while walking round teh graveyard
where my grandad is buried because I am Church Of England. I won't say what
religion these lads were, but they certainly weren't Christian, which again,
is the national religion here. If people want to come and live in my
country, then allow me to continue with MY beliefs.

Border guards with shotguns... that's what we need.

Charlie.

Old September 4th 05, 01:25 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I think everyone needs to reexamine this for errors.

The Spanish speaking American Culture have been in the majority for a few
years now. The constitution doesn't designate/legislate any particular
language as mandatory. Maybe the author of this missive needs to consider a
course in conversational Spanish at their local community college so they
can keep up with current events.

This is a nation of immigrants from many countries and many faiths who
invaded a land and conquered it's Native born people and the constitution
GUARANTEES everyone the right to choose what name they put on their Creator
and no single minded person has the right to tell another person "tough"
when they call that Creator by any name they choose.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
[...]

Need Some Finance For Your Hobby Read ON sirray Needlework 0 January 14th 05 07:37 PM
Hurricane Charley Fred Needlework 270 September 5th 04 07:24 PM
Different people stitching kits. was Computer programs and floss F.James Cripwell Needlework 17 May 24th 04 05:19 PM