Trip to Mars

Old January 15th 04, 08:53 PM
Cheryl Isaak

I will have to try one! I'll know if they are the same!
Cheryl

On 1/15/04 2:38 PM, in article , "Brenda Lewis"
wrote:

As far as I can tell they are the same product. I suppose Mars wasn't
selling well enough so they put the Snickers brand name on the product
to boost sales. Not that I've ever seen any ads for them either way...

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Are the Snicker Almond any good? I miss Mars Bars - which have been missing
for ages!

Old January 15th 04, 09:07 PM
SGC

Actually Seanette, we prefer UPS in this household! DH was a loader, then
supervisor, then air-supervisor for UPS while we were in college. The payout
for his retirement (when he left UPS) gave us enough $$ to make a
downpayment on our first townhouse.
SGC

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"SGC" had some very interesting things to
say about Trip to Mars:

According to Space Mountain at Walt Disney World, I think that FedEx can
send anything anywhere ha ha ha ha

Whether it arrives at destination in good condition is another
question. ;-) [Just kidding, since I work for UPS tech support :-)]

Old January 16th 04, 05:36 AM
debbie frost

Have you tried Disney's Mission Space? It's supposed to feel like the real
thing. We'll be there in May, but I'm not sure I will go on it--don't want
to be sick the rest of the day. I've read different accounts from people,
you won't get sick, you'll get sick, it's intense, etc. I trust Dramamine
for my airline flight, but I don't know about this....

Debbie

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
That is an interesting thought - "who" will be the first "commercial"

space
concern - be it for "tourism" or deliveries to the space station, the moon
and Mars. My bets are on Disney and UPS!
Cheryl

On 1/15/04 8:31 AM, in article , "SGC"
wrote:

According to Space Mountain at Walt Disney World, I think that FedEx can
send anything anywhere ha ha ha ha
SGC

"Jenn Liace" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:21:24 GMT, Deb Milner
wrote:

I'm betting that I could set up an account
with the bank to have it autodraft payments from my checking account
while the pay is just sitting in the bank, and get that stash on time.

Ummmmmmmmm, has FedEx added a route to Mars already? =)

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)

Old January 16th 04, 01:36 PM
SGC

Debbie, we LOVE Walt Disney World. We rode Mission Space twice on our
November trip. Neither of us felt at all ill after the 'trip'. Actually,
we're having trouble understanding all the hoopla -- for our enjoyment, we'd
rank Space Mountain and Tower of Terror higher! (Also, must keep in mind
that last year we had annual passes to WDW and to Cedar Point -- Cedar Point
for the roller coasters and rides, WDW because we really like vacationing
there.)
There's a Disney Parks newsgroup (rec.arts.disney.parks) that I read too.
The general recommendations are...
Dramamine
those 'sea-band' wrist things (for motion sickness)
keep eyes forward and head still.
It was a fun ride, but it doesn't make the top 3 for thrills in our
experience.
SGC

Old January 17th 04, 09:43 PM
Kristy Malarkey

I would have to take all of my Martina Weber's and setup automatic ordering
for all of the new designs she came out with while I was gone :-) Plus lots
of Lizzie Kate as they are quick stitches in between the big projects

Kristy

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
BushBaby is now talking about sending humans to Mars. (Hmmmm, NASA
headquarters is in Texas, he's from Texas...)

Depending on the speed they're able to achieve, the trip could take 1-3

years
each way. How many of you would volunteer as astronauts if it meant 6

years of
uninterrupted stitching time?

And what projects would you take with you to fill 6 years of stitching

time?

I'd take my bag full of MLIs. (Remembering that I can't just send out for

more
floss, I'd better make a quick S.E.X.cursion before I leave. At astronaut
salary, I can afford extras.)

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands

(2d
one)

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

Old January 17th 04, 09:48 PM
Kristy Malarkey

As long as you add my sister's husband to that list too :-

Kristy
"Dukkum" wrote in message
I've got a list of folks I'd like to send to Mars, as long as it's a
one-way trip.

-georg

Would it be considered rude if I asked to get my daughter's ex-h on that

one
way flight????

Jere

Old January 18th 04, 02:24 AM
Jenn Liace

"Dukkum" wrote in message
I've got a list of folks I'd like to send to Mars, as long as it's a
one-way trip.

-georg

Would it be considered rude if I asked to get my daughter's ex-h on that

one
way flight????

Jere

I think this is going to be one very full outbound trip... we'll have
to pack the ship with Martian rocks to make up the weight differential
for the return!

Trip to Disney mickey Marketplace 0 November 28th 04 07:16 PM
A "side trip" beaded project Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 1 November 20th 04 07:12 AM
AD: Bead Sets inspired by Colorado Trip Deirdre S. Beads 1 August 26th 03 07:34 PM
Trip bowline; Inside hitch; Tarbuck knot Dan Lehman Knots 1 August 22nd 03 05:29 PM