For Ellice, Donna et al around DC

Old July 20th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default For Ellice, Donna et al around DC

My heart goes out to you guys..it looks as if you will be sizzling!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...kWOI_blog.html

Gill, in COOL (?) Florida
Old July 21st 11, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 7/20/11 11:26 AM, in article , "Gillian Murray"
wrote:

My heart goes out to you guys..it looks as if you will be sizzling!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ock-forecast-n
oaa-predicts-heat-index-of-116-in-washington-dc-friday/2011/07/19/gIQAB3kWOI_b
log.html

Gill, in COOL (?) Florida

That would be true. We had a do odd stuff day today, including DH to the
dentist, then us going to Target in Leesburg to get parts for his Braun
shaver, then home briefly, and to the afternoon movies to be cool. It was
definitely quite hot out. I had watered plants, lawn in the early a.m. For
over an hour, and things just look sad later. The bunny living in our front
garden came out, just sat there twitching her little nose - later on in the
evening as we were in & out again - she was sitting in the lawn - which is a
little high - and maybe a bit damp. Didn't go hide at all - I guess it was
too hot for her. We actually were early to the cinema, so walked down the
strip to a new wine shop that opened- and drink some wine tasting flights -
then ran back to the movie - then back to the wine bar after to pick up our
purchases. It was sizzling walking out of the shade. Then we had to go
home- drop the packages - and back to Leesburg 'cause we left the package in
the Target - so we went back, had dinner in town & then to Target. Upon
leaving Target at nearly 11 pm it was still 93 F according to the car.

We got a big warning from the county (goes to all officials, and as a
precinct chief, I get them) about the heat. Serious advisory for noon til
10 pm, expecting temps in the high 90s to 100 tomorrow, and over 100 on
Friday. Advising people to stay indoors, and that the county community
centers, libraries, etc are open and air conditioned for people to come in.
Expecting it to feel like 110 because of the humidity. The air is really
heavy out - and usually we have somewhat of a cooling breeze, but not today.

On an off topic - we saw "Super 8" - the Steven Spielberg movie. It was
good - based upon recommendation of kid managing theatre in the afternoon.
OF course, this may have been helped by the amount of wine we guzzled prior
to going to the film. If anyone goes to see this - you must stay for the
full credits. Seriously. Key to getting the best part & good laugh from
the film.

Ellice in steamy NoVA

Old July 21st 11, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jul 20, 11:26*am, Gillian Murray wrote:
My heart goes out to you guys..it looks as if you will be sizzling!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g/post/shock-f...

Gill, in COOL (?) Florida

After dropping off DH at the Park N Ride in the a.m. when I get out of
the car at home, my glasses steam up! Taking out trash and recycling
this morning was nearly unbearable. I truly feel for the people who
have to work without the benefits of A.C.

We were supposed to be going to a Marine military tattoo tomorrow
evening. We've wisely canceled that plan. I've been making salads and
sandwiches for dinner all week. Anything to avoid being outside or
turning on the stove.

But it's Saturday morning that's going to be the killer. Big Guild
meeting with lots of stuff to bring in from the cars. I think it was
this hot and humid last year also. This year, I'm bringing a change of
clothes. I can learn!

Donna in Virginia
Old July 21st 11, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jul 20, 11:26*am, Gillian Murray wrote:
My heart goes out to you guys..it looks as if you will be sizzling!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g/post/shock-f...

Gill, in COOL (?) Florida

It's just a little better here in Pgh. 96 today with 105 for
the heat index. I spent the early morning getting an oil
change and car inspection. Of course the shop has no AC.
I grabbed the only seat that got "some" air. Didn't even
think about the temps when I made the appt Monday.
I did hose out the bird baths to give the birdies fresh
water.

Nancy

Ellice - Susan Hartman[_2_] Needlework 4 July 15th 10 01:30 PM
p.s. Ellice - thanks Susan Hartman Needlework 0 March 13th 09 06:36 PM
Ellice Cheryl Isaak Needlework 10 April 23rd 04 11:57 PM
where's Ellice? Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 4 April 7th 04 11:31 PM
From Ellice Cheryl Isaak Needlework 4 March 14th 04 05:22 PM