AD - Cincinnati, OH IBS Show

Old November 5th 04, 04:34 PM
Mothwoman

Default AD - Cincinnati, OH IBS Show

I'm sorry I always seem to wait until the last minute to post bead show
reminders!

There will be an Intergalactic Bead Show in the Cincinnati, OH area this
weekend.

I hope to see some of you there! Please feel free to print the coupon from my
website for a discount for admission at the door.

http://www.mothwoman.com/onlineibscoupon.jpg

For details and directions, go to

http://www.beadshows.com

Please come to my table and introduce yourself if you come to the show! I'm
afraid you will probably have to do this even if I've met you before. I seem
to have some sort of facial recognition disorder.

Thank you!

Joan Eckard

http://mothwoman.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Mothwoman-Beads-and-Jewelry

http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=Mothwoman
Old November 6th 04, 05:58 AM
Cheryl

I hope to see some of you there! Please feel free to print the coupon from my

OH BOY!!!
i got a card in the mail already - with a 2.00 discount -- and -- I 'm hoping
for a Sunday visit

and I can meet you in person if I make the show!

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old November 7th 04, 03:46 AM
Mothwoman

OH BOY!!!
i got a card in the mail already - with a 2.00 discount -- and -- I 'm
hoping
for a Sunday visit

and I can meet you in person if I make the show!

That would be SO cool! I've always hoped to meet you when I do shows in Ohio!

The show was very crowded today, which made me feel a little better about
things. I sold more today than I did the whole weekend at the last show I did.
There are also more lampwork artists than I've been seeing at the shows. My
new friend James (who works in boro) doesn't think it's such a good thing, but
I do. We all make different things, and if lampworkers don't do the shows, the
people who want to buy lampwork won't bother to show up anymore.

I had a lot of fun today, and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

Old November 7th 04, 12:55 PM
Su/Cutworks

Joan wrote:

The show was very crowded today, which made me feel a little better about
things. I sold more today than I did the whole weekend at the last show I

did.
There are also more lampwork artists than I've been seeing at the shows.

My
new friend James (who works in boro) doesn't think it's such a good thing,

but
I do. We all make different things, and if lampworkers don't do the

shows, the
people who want to buy lampwork won't bother to show up anymore.

The more people who do an art, the more it's seen by the general public. If
everyone were making the same thing then it might and only just _might_ be a
bad thing but since each lampworker does a style of their own then it's
great to see so many people coming out and being seen in public.

The more the merrier. The good work will be bought, and the people who
don't make good work will find they're not selling as well. That's the way
the market works.

I'm glad you did so well, it simply shows that you're making great beads.

-Su

Old November 7th 04, 06:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

There are also more lampwork artists than I've been seeing at the shows. My
new friend James (who works in boro) doesn't think it's such a good thing,
but
I do. We all make different things, and if lampworkers don't do the shows,
the
people who want to buy lampwork won't bother to show up anymore.

So true. And anyone who's into lampwork beads would usually have done some
homework -- i.e., know which artists are going to be at the show and who to
look for. It's great incentive for the lampworkers to do better-than-usual
work, too, which is why competition is a good thing. I bet James is just
feeling insecure and scared.

I love a lot of lampworkers at a show! At the last BABE, I bought almost
exclusively lampwork. (I try to focus at the shows, or you can go mad, or
blind, or both.) Joan, if you ever get a chance to do a west coast show, take
it. We're fiends for glass out here. And your stuff is absolutely unique --
it would get LOOOOKED AT.
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi