Ribbon Colors

Old July 11th 05, 07:10 PM
Helen C

Default Ribbon Colors

Here's a link to Awareness Ribbons and all the color meanings. Thought
you might all like it for a reference.

http://www.productsforthecure.com/pages/ribbons.html

(researching something someone wanted made)

Later,

Helen C

www.psychobeadma.4t.com
Old July 11th 05, 10:36 PM
Stephanie

They missed one, clear (or sometimes white) is for lung cancer.

Old July 11th 05, 11:04 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

And lace or bone for osteoporosis.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stephanie" wrote in message
oups.com...
They missed one, clear (or sometimes white) is for lung cancer.

Old July 11th 05, 11:53 PM
Helen C

Actually, they missed A LOT!! I looked at a few sites and found
bunches. Here it is if anyone wants it. If you don't see one on it,
let me know!

AWARENESS RIBBON COLOR MEANINGS

PINK Breast Cancer
Birth Parents

LT BLUE Prostrate Cancer
Lymphedema
Thyroid Disease
Trisomy 18
Scleroderma
Graves Disease

TEAL Ovarian Cancer
Sexual Violence
Cervical Cancer
Uterine Cancer
Myasthenia Gravis
Substance Abuse
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
All Gynecological Cancers

BURGUNDY
Hospice Care
Multiple Myeloma
Cesarean Sections
Headaches and Migraines

GOLD Child Cancer

GREY Diabetes
Brain Cancer
Asthma and Allergies
Brain Tumors

RED DUI Awareness
AIDS/HIV
Substance Abuse
Heart Disease
Epidermolysis Bulbosa
MADD
DARE
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (WPW)

GREEN Organ & Tissue Donor
Environment
Bipolar Disorder
Kidney Cancer
Depression
Ovarian Cancer
Missing Children
Leukemia
Safe Driving
Mental Health or Illness
Eye Injuries
Tourette’s Syndrome
Bone Marrow Transplants & Donation
Worker and Driving Safety
Glaucoma
Neural Tube Defects

FOREST GREEN
Tsunami Relief

LACE Osteoporosis

LT PURPLE/LAVENDER
Lupus
Alzheimer’s
General Cancer Awareness
Epilepsy
Rett Syndrome

PEARL Lung Cancer and Lung Disease
Multiple Sclerosis
Mesothemlioma

RED, WHITE & BLUE
Patriotism
Safety

RED WHITE & RED
Leukemia & Lymphoma

SHEER W/GOLD
Lung Cancer

DARK BLUE
Child Abuse
Colon Cancer
Crime Victim’s Rights
Arthritis
Myostitis
Water Quality
Free Speech
Hystiocytosis
Domestic Violence
Water Safety (drowning and accidents)
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
Inerstitial Cystitis
Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)

YELLOW Bladder Cancer
POW/MIA
Military Support
Missing Children – Amber Alert
Sexual Abstinence
Spina Bifida – Pale Yellow
Come Home
Equality
Endometriosis
Adoptive Parent
Teen Suicide
General Cancer
Gulf War
Sarcoma (yellow w/sunflower)
Liver Disease & Liver Cancer
Hydrocephalus or Hydrocephaly
Hope in General

BLACK Mourning
Melanoma
In Memorial
Anti-Gangs
Anti-Terrorism in Spain
POW/MIA’s
Amish Support

PURPLE Children with Disabilities
Domestic Violence
Religious Tolerance
Pancreatic Cancer
Animal Abuse
Chron’s Disease and Colitis
Cystic Fibrosis
Fibromayalgia
Victims of 9/11
Leimyosarcoma
Macular Degeneration
Sjogren’s Syndrome
Lupus
Sarcoidosis
The Homeless
Thyroid Cancer

ORANGE Hunger Awareness
Leukemia
Lupus
Racial Tolerance
Cultural Diversity
Ferel Cats
Motorcyclist Safety
Multiple Sclerosis – wristband only
Self Injury

PEACH Uterine Cancer
Endometrial Cancer

PERIWINKLE
Eating Disorder
Pulmonary Hypertension
Stomach Cancer

LIME GREEN
Lyme Disease
Lymphoma
Muscular Dystrophy – wristband only

PUZZLE Autism

SILVER Parkinson’s Disease
Elder Abuse
Children with Disabilities

BLUE Drunk Driving

CREAM Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)

WHITE Right to Life
Adoptee
Student Sexual Assault
Child Exploitation and Abuse
Free Speech
Innocence
Victims of Terrorism
Peace
Diabetes
Retinal Blastoma
Alzheimer’s
Bone Disease and Bone Cancer
Anti-Child Porn on the Internet

BROWN Anti-Tobacco

CLEAR Lung Cancer & Lung Disease
Multiple Sclerosis

LIGHT BLUE & PINK
Pregnancy and Infant Loss
SIDS
Male Breast Cancer

RED & WHITE
Head and Neck Cancer

RED & YELLOW
Hepatitis C

RED & BLUE W/HEART
Congenital Heart Defects

BLUE & YELLOW
Down’s Syndrome
Designated Drivers

PURPLE W/RED ROSE
Cystic Fibrosis

PURPLE & GREEN
Hospice and Pallative Care

PURPLE & BLUE
Pediatric Stroke

PURPLE & YELLOW
Chemical Injury (any chemical related boo boos)

PRISM Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

ORCHID & ORANGE
Psoriasis

LIME GREEN & AQUA
Adult Stem Cell Donor

TEAL & PINK
Hereditary Breast Cancer
Combo Ribbon for Gynecological and Breast Cancers

BLACK & PINK
Bone Marrow Donor
Loss of a Daughter

BLACK & LT BLUE
Loss of a son

BLACK & WHITE
Carcinoid Syndrome Cancer (zebra stripes)
Anti Racism

GOLD & BLACK
Platelet Donor

IVORY, BURDUNDY & IVORY
Oral Head and Neck Cancer

YELLOW, LIME GREEN, ORANGE, AQUA & HOT PINK
Myelodysplastic Syndrome

Later and Happy Beading!

Helen C

www.psychobeadma.4t.com

Old July 12th 05, 05:27 AM
BeadHappy

One you don't see a lot is the red dress for WomenHeart. Not a ribbon,
but near and dear to MY heart.

WomenHeart - the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
http://www.womenheart.org/

MonaLS - Hayward, CA
http://www.bead-happys-favorites.com

Join the The People of Rec.Crafts.Beads WebRing:
http://u.webring.com/hub?ring= peopleofreccraft

Old July 14th 05, 12:27 AM
bluemaxx

yes, i so totally agree! when i saw the little red dress pins at my
local grocery store and i had no idea what they were for, but now i
do.

i, for one, would love to see more lampworkers make bunches of little
red dresses. exactly like that one woman who does clothesline
lampwork... little pants, little tops, little bathing suits. but it
wouldn't be copying her style if only a a red dress would be made.

see, i have purchased all sorts of lampwork with pink ribbons on
them, just so i could make the beads up into jewelry to sell at
charity auctions, with the proceeds going to the breast cancer funds.
i would love to do the same to raise funds for womenheart. Ü

ups.com...
:

Old July 14th 05, 12:41 AM
bluemaxx

ok - clarification... i don't mean to promote copying another
lampworkers style. sorry about that. but i would still love to see
bunch of little red dresses on ebay up for auction!! and i'm sure
every lampworkers style would be different.

hey! that could be a challenge for you lampworkers at your bead
forums! make a bunch of red dresses, then auction them off for the
womenheart charity!!

i just like this idea SO much, especially because we have our own
women in this group with heart disease problems... Shirley, KathyN-V
and others included.

"bluemaxx" wrote in message
[...]
: "BeadHappy" wrote in message
: ups.com...
: : One you don't see a lot is the red dress for WomenHeart. Not a
: ribbon,
: : but near and dear to MY heart.
: :

Old July 14th 05, 03:43 AM
BeadHappy

I have purchased the clear hearts with pink ribbons in them that a
lampworker does on eBay. Can't remember his name. But I made a necklace
and bracelet with them for my sister who is a breast cancer survivor.

MonaLS - Hayward, CA
WebRing - The People of Rec.Crafts.Beads:
http://tinyurl.com/d567d

Old July 14th 05, 04:20 AM
bluemaxx

Mona, i've also purchased pale pink lentils with pink ribbons on them
from a lampworker on ebay, also. her ebay seller name is
'krissybeads'. i have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor. so
glad your sister beat the cancer!!

"BeadHappy" wrote in message
ups.com...
: I have purchased the clear hearts with pink ribbons in them that a
: lampworker does on eBay. Can't remember his name. But I made a
necklace
: and bracelet with them for my sister who is a breast cancer
survivor.
:
: MonaLS - Hayward, CA
: WebRing - The People of Rec.Crafts.Beads:
: http://tinyurl.com/d567d
:

AD: Bulk Buy Rubber Necklace and Ribbon Necklace Mary P. - McDuck Beads 0 June 22nd 04 07:43 PM
peacock colors Julia Altshuler Quilting 27 February 4th 04 04:26 PM
re peacock colors Roberta Zollner Quilting 0 January 27th 04 11:03 AM
Colors NoraBalcer Yarn 4 October 31st 03 02:55 PM
AD: Scrapbooking Products and Partylite Babydi General Crafting 0 August 24th 03 06:30 AM