Grrrrrr -- That Cat!

Old November 23rd 03, 08:03 PM
Karen C - California

Default Grrrrrr -- That Cat!

Looks like I caught it in time.

I have a handheld, pulsating shower head, so I just stuck the scrolls in the
bathtub and turned on the cold water full force. (Remember, the point is to
push the stain back out the way it came, not to push it further into the fabric
and out the other side.)

There is a faint line under bright light, but since this is a medium-dark blue
fabric, it's not all that noticeable, and it may soak out when I finish the
piece and give it an Oxyclean bath. OK, now I have incentive to put this to
the top of the rotation, get it done and quickly get it soaking to see if the
water line comes out.

Now, all you cat owners make sure that every one of your projects is in a
*sealed* protective barrier. This one was in a plastic shopping bag, with an
open top, and she was aimed in just the right direction to get inside the
opening.

Anyone know where I can get ziploc bags large enough to hold 24"scrolls and
still zip?

--
Finished 11/18/03 -- Bird of Paradise
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old November 23rd 03, 08:14 PM
georg

Karen C - California wrote:

[...]

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...duct_id=CR6990

would that work?

-georg

Old November 23rd 03, 11:37 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: georg

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...duct_id=CR6990

would that work?

I don't have this brand but I have some of these bags and they are GREAT! I
have the kind you use a vacumn on and the travel kind with a vent in the bottom
-- you roll it up once the stuff is packed inside. If there is one big enough,
it should work fine -- don't need to extract the air, just keep the cat barf
out of it :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old November 24th 03, 12:20 AM
Lucille

You could use the bags that blankets or quilts come packed in. They're big,
roomy, heavy weight plastic with a zipper that goes around 3 sides.

Lucille

Old November 24th 03, 01:27 AM
Ellice

On 11/23/03 6:20 PM,"Lucille" posted:

You could use the bags that blankets or quilts come packed in. They're big,
roomy, heavy weight plastic with a zipper that goes around 3 sides.

A lot of shops that carry NP have those. They've become quite popular for NP
projects. I know that M's Canvashouse in Lexington was selling them in
September -a few different sizes. They're nicely re=usable as well.

ellice

Old November 24th 03, 04:13 AM
Linda D.

Karen, there must be something in the air because our darling
Muffy, barfed on our brand new carpet this morning! But, the carpet
passed the test. The stain came out with blotting, using a bit of
warm water, then blotting some more. Thank goodness for stain
resistant carpet.

take care, Linda

On 23 Nov 2003 19:03:45 GMT, S (Karen C -
California) wrote:

[...]

Vancouver Island, bc.ca (remove 'nospam' to reply)
See samples of my work at: www.members.shaw.ca/deugau

Old November 24th 03, 12:24 PM
Fred

**UGH**

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...

Old November 24th 03, 12:53 PM
Caryn

Anyone know where I can get ziploc bags large enough to hold 24"scrolls and
still zip?

biggest I've found hold 2 1/.2 gallons, large, but not that large.

However, you could try the drawstring tall kitchen bags.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)