OT - Atkins recipes?

Old October 12th 03, 08:52 PM
Laura Bartl

Default OT - Atkins recipes?

Hi all, I have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow night, she is on a
no/low carb diet. Any spots on the web with recipes?

TIA!

--
Laura Bartl
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/laurabartl/index.htm

Old October 12th 03, 09:12 PM
Elizabeth Young

Laura Bartl wrote:

Hi all, I have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow night, she is on a
no/low carb diet. Any spots on the web with recipes?

TIA!

Sorry, don't know any online sites, but this is what I'd do.

A nice grilled or broiled chicken breast (check the marinade for carbs,
or make your own), a green salad with bacon bits and chopped egg, and
maybe some cheese and a ranch or caeser salad dressing (read the label).
Sauted mushrooms if you both like them for a side dish.
Um, what else. Uh.... my brain just ran out.
Strawberries maybe OK for dessert, if her diet allows them.

liz young in sunny california

Old October 12th 03, 09:34 PM
georg

Laura Bartl wrote:

Hi all, I have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow night, she is on a
no/low carb diet. Any spots on the web with recipes?

TIA!

Here's one of my favorite recipe collections:
http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/cookbookdownload.html

Some of mine are in there even.

-georg

Old October 12th 03, 09:35 PM
Jeri

"Laura Bartl" wrote in message

Hi all, I have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow night, she is
on a no/low carb diet. Any spots on the web with recipes?

TIA!

http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/LowCar...ng-Recipes.htm
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/lowcarb-recipes.html
http://atkins.com/food/index.html

HTH )
--
Jeri
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because

Old October 13th 03, 08:05 PM
Susiemw

check out alt.support.diet.low-carb.

Basically avoid flour and sugar.

Try any:
meats (not breaded unless you use parmesan cheese, crushed pork rinds or
almond flour etc)
seafood
veggies (not starchy)
salads
eggs,
cheese

Use mayo instead of salad dressing.

it's pretty easy. your friend will appreciate your being so considerate.

Susan

Best Cone 10 Glaze Recipes sam Pottery 4 December 22nd 04 10:58 PM
slip recipes Kathryn & Stuart Fields Pottery 5 March 4th 04 02:13 AM
true confessions about recipes Karen C - California Needlework 1 December 12th 03 04:14 AM
Cone 10 Glaze Recipes for Reduction Celeste Pottery 3 July 14th 03 08:18 PM