The flannel batik quilt pics are up

Old December 24th 05, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default The flannel batik quilt pics are up

If anyone was interested. They're slightly different, but not really. ;-)

I'll have the Tulip Quilt from Hell pics up after the holidays.

Anastasia

--who is dipping into the brandy-filled chocolates again, now that the
frelling thing is finally done!

Old December 24th 05, 06:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

great! Love to see it when you get the link up! g

"Teacher Gal" wrote in message
.. .
: If anyone was interested. They're slightly different, but not really.
;-)
:

Old December 24th 05, 06:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Mystified One" wrote in message
great! Love to see it when you get the link up! g

Psh. That's what Guinness and cognac does to you. Where's my head?

Here's hoping this works. Never know with me....

http://tinyurl.com/8ugro

Anastasia........who probably needs to stop with the alcohol-filled
chocolate now.

Old December 24th 05, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Teacher Gal wrote:

"Mystified One" wrote in message

great! Love to see it when you get the link up! g

Psh. That's what Guinness and cognac does to you. Where's my head?

Here's hoping this works. Never know with me....

http://tinyurl.com/8ugro

Gorgeous!

Anastasia........who probably needs to stop with the alcohol-filled
chocolate now.

No... Might as well finish them off - they only go bad once they are
opened! ;D

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 24th 05, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OMG! From looking at the pictures I see what you mean by the tulip quilt
from hell, as I made the same one! I made it into a queen size (by adding
blocks), and there were more than 1500 pieces starting out. It sucked the
life out of me!

Trixie

Old December 24th 05, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Double-WOW! Wonderful eye-candy for a beginner! I do love your Ocean Waves
quilt. So I went searching at McCall's Quilting for that pattern.

'Tis the season for alcohol-filled chocolate. YUM! Haven't had any in a
long while. I know there is a shop in town that sells such stuff. The
place in the airport maybe? Auntie M's or something like that. Emma
whoever. . . . I'll find it! The Reno-Tahoe International Airport is only
about 15 minutes away!

Thanks for the eye-candy and the idea for chocolate candy. . . .

--
Kay Ahr
Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA

Old December 24th 05, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Trixie" wrote in message
OMG! From looking at the pictures I see what you mean by the tulip quilt
from hell, as I made the same one! I made it into a queen size (by adding
blocks), and there were more than 1500 pieces starting out. It sucked the
life out of me!

Trixie

Yeah. That bad boy is a mega-king. something like 120 x 130. I hate it.
I'm sooooooooooooo glad it's done.

Anastasia

Old December 24th 05, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Kay Ahr" said:
Double-WOW! Wonderful eye-candy for a beginner! I do love your Ocean
Waves quilt. So I went searching at McCall's Quilting for that pattern.

'Tis the season for alcohol-filled chocolate. YUM! Haven't had any in a
long while. I know there is a shop in town that sells such stuff. The
place in the airport maybe? Auntie M's or something like that. Emma
whoever. . . . I'll find it! The Reno-Tahoe International Airport is only
about 15 minutes away!

Thanks for the eye-candy and the idea for chocolate candy. . . .

The Ocean Waves pattern was taken from a picture in the back of the "Singer
New Quilting By Machine" book I got when I first started. There wasn't a
pattern, so I went by sight. Bad idea. Not only did I cut every single
individual triangle, I also made them the wrong size. Oh well. It's my
picnic/"I'm cold"/take with me in the trunk of the car on long
trips/fireworks viewing/fairground quilt. I'm not fond of the colors
anymore (too Christmassy, methinks), but it's my first, so I still love it.

As for the brandy-filled chocolates, my mother-in-law got them for me for my
birthday, so I've no idea of the cost. She said she purchased them at a
store called Global Foods Market, so if you happen to have one of those, go
crazy. They're the absolute best chocolates on the planet, if you ask me,
and I'm a chocolate snob (no less than 60% cocoa, and Whitmans, Hershey's
and Nestle's aren't true chocolate. See? Told you I'm a snob).

Thanks for the comments!

Anastasia

--who needs to get ready for the in-laws' Christmas shindig....