designing tubular peyote pattern

Old January 2nd 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default designing tubular peyote pattern

Help! I am getting hung up on beading a suede key chain. I have done
a few peyote projects but can't seem to guage a design's bead layout.
And I want a pattern to flow around the project--for instance, there
are 36 or 37 beads around--how do you create a diamond that will
perfectly repeat around? I seem to have extra columns, or not enough.
Using a flat pattern doesn't seem to work as the right side doesn't
meet up well with the left (once it is tubular). Guidelines? Sage
advice?

Old January 3rd 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Kathy,

You can get graph paper specifically for designing tubular peyote pieces.

http://www.sova-enterprises.com/cata...?cPath=2_28_29

http://www.artcraftworld.com/bgraph.htm

And you might find this helpful as well:
http://www.angelfire.com/co2/beltana/peyote.html

-------
Barbara
http://www.penguintrax.com
Blog at http://www.penguintrax.com/chatter

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Old January 4th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Barbara,
Thanks for the sites. I think the paper will be a big hlep--haven't
seen the sites before, except the "angelfire" one--which helped on the
stitch, but not on design. The obstacle for me has been that these key
chains are not uniform and each one may differ in the number of beads
that go around. I haven't learned to just size that up and plan a
design that is continuous around. Think I'll try the graph paper.
Kathy

Old January 4th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Kathy,

Also visit http://www.suzannecooper.com/classroom/classmain.html. She's
got a lesson on turning a flat graph into a tubular pattern.

Good luck!

-------

Old January 6th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thanks again. I think this will come in handy once I have mastered
design techniques for these non-uniform "tubes" I have. I expect that
practice will help a lot, too. I will check out your site!
Kathy

Old January 20th 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Could you leave the covers a little loose and cinch up the ends?

Tina

"Kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks again. I think this will come in handy once I have mastered
design techniques for these non-uniform "tubes" I have. I expect that
practice will help a lot, too. I will check out your site!
Kathy

New Patterns, New Fabrics from Timeless Treasures, Andover, P&B at The Virginia Quilter The Virginia Quilter Marketplace 0 November 3rd 05 05:18 PM
Searching for Pattern from Simply Quilts Nancy in Livermore, CA Quilting 7 September 2nd 04 06:48 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
pattern construction book ? JJMolvik Yarn 2 April 2nd 04 09:11 PM
"Pattern Perfect"??? JM Beads 0 July 14th 03 12:54 AM