needle rolls

Old May 19th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Johanna Koski

Default needle rolls

It's been a loooong time since my last post to here. I've been busy with
lots of things. Latest thing what I'm up to, is making needle rolls. I
accidentally made one roll too short and was wondering where would be a
proper place to sell it. Too short I mean that it's good for shorter
than 18cm (roughly 7inch) double pointed needles.

If you want to look what I mean, I have some of the rolls in my blog:
http://langankuluttaja.blogspot.com

Johanna
Old May 19th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Johanna Koski

Welcome back, Johanna, and I for one LOVE short needles, I only use 5 inch or
less DPN's!!!!! 6 inch are do-able 7 inch work in a pinch, but I consider 7
inch to be tarrantulas!!
Hugs,
Noreen

Well, we Finns use 20cm / 8inch dpns

Johanna
Old May 19th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

"Johanna Koski" spun a FINE 'yarn'....

Well, we Finns use 20cm / 8inch dpns

Johanna
---

But, Johanna, THAT is OKAY!! If we all liked /slash/ used the same thing(s),
life would not be so INTERESTING, yes???

Hugs,
Noreen

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000741-4, 05/18/2007
Tested: 5/19/2007 1:36:47 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old May 19th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Johanna Koski" wrote in message

Welcome back, Johanna, and I for one LOVE short needles, I only use 5
inch or
less DPN's!!!!! 6 inch are do-able 7 inch work in a pinch, but I
consider 7
inch to be tarrantulas!!
Hugs,
Noreen

Well, we Finns use 20cm / 8inch dpns

The bone needles we make are up to 8".

Mary

Old May 19th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 19, 1:35 pm, Johanna Koski
wrote:
It's been a loooong time since my last post to here. I've been busy with
lots of things. Latest thing what I'm up to, is making needle rolls. I
accidentally made one roll too short and was wondering where would be a
proper place to sell it. Too short I mean that it's good for shorter
than 18cm (roughly 7inch) double pointed needles.

If you want to look what I mean, I have some of the rolls in my blog:http://langankuluttaja.blogspot.com

Great to see you again, Johanna. There are shorter needles, you know.
I have one set that is only about three inches long. (I don't have
them
with me, so I can't measure them, but they are tiny.)

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 19th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Johanna Koski wrote:
It's been a loooong time since my last post to here. I've been busy with
lots of things. Latest thing what I'm up to, is making needle rolls. I
accidentally made one roll too short and was wondering where would be a
proper place to sell it. Too short I mean that it's good for shorter
than 18cm (roughly 7inch) double pointed needles.

If you want to look what I mean, I have some of the rolls in my blog:
http://langankuluttaja.blogspot.com

Johanna

Johana,

Please check in more often.
Your work is beautiful.
Nice to see you again
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old May 22nd 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Johanna Koski

I put one needleroll in Etsy, maybe I'll be adding some more to there,
if there's going to be any sale. Atleast it's cheap way to put things to
sale.

If you want to have a look, here's my profile:
http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=5158824

Johanna
Old May 22nd 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

I have tried needle rolls, and I just can not make them work.

For short DPN, I keep the bulk supplies of my needles in larger (8" x 14" x
2") clear plastic boxes with dividers and hinged lids such as the ones made
by "ArtBin" or "Flambeau." When I start a project, I transfer the required
needles & etc for THAT project to a smaller clear plastic box with dividers
and a hinged lid.

The little boxes fit in the shoe box that each project lives in. For
travel, the contents of a shoe box goes into a briefcase, with each center
pull ball of yarn in its own zip lock bag.

Long DPN (16" & 18") are in needle holders that I make from 2 sections of
bamboo that are tied together with a piece of cord allowing an adjustable
length needle case. This style of bamboo needle point protector also works
for WIPs. Gansey projects live in sweater boxes at home and travel in a "gym
bag" with all of the necessary extras in one of those clear plastic boxes
with dividers and lids.

At long last, I sent my computer off to art school, so there will be
pictures - some day. However, the next couple of months are busy with
things that have nothing to do with fiber, and complicated with a fair
amount of travel. Do not expect much before mid - August.

Aaron

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Johanna Koski spun a FINE 'yarn':

It's been a loooong time since my last post to here. I've been busy with
lots of things. Latest thing what I'm up to, is making needle rolls. I
accidentally made one roll too short and was wondering where would be a
proper place to sell it. Too short I mean that it's good for shorter
than 18cm (roughly 7inch) double pointed needles.

If you want to look what I mean, I have some of the rolls in my blog:
http://langankuluttaja.blogspot.com

Johanna

end quoted

Johanna Koski. . .

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000741-4, 05/18/2007
Tested: 5/19/2007 1:09:08 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

fabric rolls curby Quilting 3 October 23rd 06 01:15 AM
Cabbage Rolls... Carol In WI Needlework 13 October 11th 05 08:13 PM
Cabbage rolls... Carol In WI Yarn 13 October 11th 05 05:55 PM
Needle Rolls Russ92373 Needlework 0 February 7th 04 06:27 PM