Intentional Dye Transfer

Old May 17th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Intentional Dye Transfer

Hi Everyone!

I followed Woolie's instructions on trying to decrease the difference
between 2 different dye lots of the same color way using intentional
bleeding of colors. Thanks Woolie! Everything went smoothly. The
merino didn't shrink at all! It was a little scary boiling it, and it
looked pretty bad coming out of the pot, but it dried up nicely. No
felting at all.

I'm not sure how I'll proceed. I think I'll put the finished garment
through the same treatment, maybe with a little less soaking or
boiling time. If you'd like to see the process, I posted a blog about
it he

http://hesiraknits.blogspot.com/

Hesira

Old May 18th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On 17 May 2007 14:47:20 -0700, hesira spun a fine yarn

Hi Everyone!

I followed Woolie's instructions on trying to decrease the difference
between 2 different dye lots of the same color way using intentional
bleeding of colors. Thanks Woolie! Everything went smoothly. The
merino didn't shrink at all! It was a little scary boiling it, and it
looked pretty bad coming out of the pot, but it dried up nicely. No
felting at all.

I'm not sure how I'll proceed. I think I'll put the finished garment
through the same treatment, maybe with a little less soaking or
boiling time. If you'd like to see the process, I posted a blog about
it he

http://hesiraknits.blogspot.com/

Hesira

KEWL, Hesira!
*hugs*
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000741-0, 05/17/2007
Tested: 5/17/2007 10:45:53 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006