OT - misplaced poster returns!!! :)

Old September 15th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.

Default OT - misplaced poster returns!!! :)

Hi all!!! Damn I've missed you guys and this place!!!

Almost one year since hurricane rita and I'm finally out of the fema
trailer/caravan and into a wonderful house. I shouldn't be surprised
(again) the way good things can come from bad. The property management
company that I've rented with for several years steered me into a nice
house with a huge fenced back yard in an awesome, quiet and beautiful
neighborhood. I was looking at houses 'downtown' as that's always been
my fav part of town but they ganged up on me and talked me into 'just
looking' (and kept the rent waaay down in my comfort zone)... I'm really
glad they did!

I'll miss living near my mom but I won't miss the snakes, racoons,
possums, armadillos and bobcat... and was happy to leave behind the 10
ft alligator that moved in next door! (not kidding, real gator... in the
marsh behind where we were living!!!) Oh and don't get me started on the
pig that dug up my yard or the giant grasshoppers that ate a lot of my
plants. I love wildlife I just don't want to deal with it 24/7!!!

http://beadfulheart.com/gallery/new-house

Because of a messy and sad situation with my daughter I now have custody
of both my grandsons. Zach came to live with Austin and I a couple of
months ago and he is a red headed angel with a quick temper and quicker
laugh! I swear his greatest joy is making people laugh and he works hard
at it. Austin is having some problems with acting out/up but now that
things are settling down, and with lots of love and understanding, I
know he will get through it all. He is at an age where he knows when
things are unsettled but without help he doesn't really understand it
all. If I live the rest of my life doing no more than giving these boys
losts of love and a happy, safe life then I know there is nothing better
I could do.

http://beadfulheart.com/gallery/new-pics-boys
http://beadfulheart.com/gallery/Zach-in-the-box

But I am so ready to get back to making something shiny and pretty!!!
During my 'time-out' in the country I worked on a few things but
mostly planned and accumulated beads and findings so I now have more
than a dozen projects in various stages of creation, mostly on paper and
in my head though!!!

Well, I'm off to read through tons of posts and jump back in with both
feet!!! I finally got DSL back!!! woohoo! So being online is now
something pleasant instead of the struggle it was on dialup at 24K...

I missed you guys... a *lot*.

--
Polly
--

email - webmaster at beadfulheart dot com
yahoo id - aoncridhe
Old September 15th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.

Patti wrote:
Polly,
Welcome back and congratulations on your new house!
Your grandsons are SO cute. You are to be rewarded and cherished for
taking care of them.
By any chance do you have any pictures of the wildlife? I've never
seen an armadillo, lol. They don't have them in NJ and though I looked
around when I was in New Mexico, I only managed to see one that was
stuffed. We actually do have bob cats once in awhile, I saw one when I
first moved into this house, we have woods behind us.
Glad you will be able to bead again.

Thanks Patti! No, no pictures of those armadillos! They always came at
night rooting in the ground and leaving snout sixed holes all over the
yard... my only really close encounter was one night near midnight when
I went out to get something from the van... I almosts stepped on one
just inside the gate. By the time I stopped screaming, yelling and
stomping my feet (****ed when I realized it was only an armadillo) the
poor guy was probably across the river in Texas... he may still be
running, but his buddies kept up the night time rooting!!!

The bobcat was just a rumor around my mom's neighborhood for the last
couple of years, blamed for every missing chicken or lamb. Then one day
as I drove around a curve in the road there he was. I was going slow
enough to stop quick and he stood in the middle of the road long enough
for my grandson to get to see him then ran into the woods. Honestly
though I am still not sure he WAS a bobcat but I don't know what else he
could have been. He had small ears, tuft of hair instead of a tail and
was colored like a bobcat but he was tall... he had a small body but
longer legs than I expected. I had my camera with me but was too stunned
to remember to use it.

The new gator that moved in may have migrated from the other side of the
interstate when they started road construction and was first seen by a
neighbor and her girls lying in the middle of the road, sunning himself
I guess! A few days later another neighbor discovered him living in a
marshy pond between his property and my mom's! Now the missing chickens
are blamed on the gator!!! Wildlife and Fisheries are supposed to
'rescue' and relocate him but haven't yet. Seems there have ben a lot of
alligators migrating since the hurricane, looking for new territory.

--

Polly

Old September 15th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old September 15th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Georgia

Hi, POlly--

good to see you're back!

Georgia
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/allnew906.htm

Old September 15th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

welcome back!! and how wonderful for you and your grandsons. I wish you much
joy and growth with each other. May your daughter find some too.
Sarajane

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

Old September 15th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Missed you too.
I thought of you yesterday when I was fondling my necklace.
Welcome back
Shirley

In message , Polly S.
writes

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old September 15th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

[...]

What adventures you have! All we get are an occasional red fox,
racoons, does and fawns, sharpshin hawks and kestrels and a wide
variety of song birds. Your bobcat sounds like the bobcat I saw, a
compact body with longer legs. I didn't get a picture of him either,
though he stayed long enough that I could have if I'd had enough film -
he seemed very calm, sort of like he was trying to figure out where
this house came from where there were only woods the last time he
visited.

Patti

Old September 15th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

Welcome back, Polly! The new house is lovely, but what a difference between
the first pic and the one with all your gorgeous plants! They really make
the place yours, don't they? And the grandsons are adorable. Now you can
company while you bead. Maybe Zach can make his own beady things with you.

Much luck in your new home!

Linda2

Old September 16th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Hey Polly! Welcome back. Your grandkids are adorable, hope your daughter
gets back on track soon. Congrats on the house! I'd be glad to get away from
the alligator too!
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old September 16th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Polly!! Hi, dear!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

[...]

I think i misplaced some wool Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 2 March 13th 06 06:16 PM
AD: New Vessel Poster Available - Tink Tinkster Beads 14 January 9th 05 06:21 AM
Teacher Donna Poster Questions Pat in Virginia Quilting 0 August 17th 04 08:13 PM
Free Beading Poster Tinkster Beads 11 April 22nd 04 11:33 PM
Summoning Misplaced Fabric? dogmom Quilting 23 August 12th 03 08:42 PM